What is up the giant pop up ads in the middle of the page that blocks me from reading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it's the Java HAS been disabled?

The header bar in SB uses Java Scripts to display the pulldown menu.

The pages aren't drawing properly... It's not that the ads are popping up... They're displaying in the WRONG place.

I see that the header logo is also in the wrong place as well...

Again... It's obviously something on your computer that has changed, as we have not changed anything on the site.

Her screen is 1024 x 768 which is adequate for displaying the page correctly.

I don't see the header navigation bar in her screen shot. Which is a java script item.

See if this link makes any difference, http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/index.php?styleid=56

Also - if Java is now disabled... it needs to be enabled.

"Let in, Hal."

" I can't do that, Dave.

Well I am sad to hear individual users are not targeted! LOL I guess I am not as special as I once thought! LOL

I know it is something with my machine and not the board. I went into zonealarm and it did have some of the Java listings blocked. So I changed them all to ask me before it makes a decision as to what to do. It has not asked me anything so far. I also went to java and redownloaded it. Still the same thing is going on.

I may totally delete java and all the zone settings and start over. What do you guys think?

As a side note, I have learned to do screen captures which I think is cool and like Firefox as well. So even though I am still frustrated, there have been a couple of bright spots!

Some of the people who really know what they're talking about may like Zone Alarm but seems like when I hear about it, I only hear about problems. Good luck on controlling it. I have issues with my Firewall control, too.

Did you try Pcpitstop? Or am I the only one here who likes that scan?

On Firefox, click Tools, then Options, then Content Tab, enable Java and Save.

2zzlpxt.jpg

Let's look at something else:

Bring up your Task Manager - (CTRL-ALT-DEL) and click the processes tab. Do a screen capture and send it to me - sjspeck@scubaboard.com (EL's gone and he gets the Support@ email's)

Or just list anything that doesn't say System, Local Service or Network Service after it in a reply here.

You might also look at the capabilities of Firefox. All the SB ads are suppressed on my system. I believe it was an ad blocker in Firefox that did it. No ads may be better than ads where they don't belong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom