What is with Padi Diving society

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herb-alaska

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been a Padi Diving Society Member since my first OW class. My membership has never lapsed and I support the agency simply because I want to support an agency that supports the ocean that gives me great joy. I renewed my last membership 1 year before it expired and so I am now current until 8/2014. SO why would i get a membership renewal form today 2 years and 8 months before my 3 year membership expires.:confused: To me this seems like a ploy :no: to keep the money flowing and a hope that I would pull a knee jerk and send a check without even checking my renewal date. SO my message to Padi Diving Society is Get real or I am gone. What experience have you had or what would your response to this situation be :depressed:

Mine was bye bye. Better organizations to give money to for ocean conservation. Coupons were worthless to me. Magazine nothing but ads. Bags kept falling apart.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: D_B
I don't know what they are up to with the bills.

I read some of the articles from the magazine. However, Jim might be right about sending the funds to a conservation charity. Will ponder that.

The bags they used to send have been mentioned in prior posts. Beyond horrible. I think I dropped the last 2 in a clothing donation box.

I hear they are now sending water bottles. An improvement.

Join DAN. The pictures alone, lately, are worth the price of of the insurance.

PADI Diving Society can be financially beneficial if your activities align with the promotions they have.

Being a PADI Pro, my annual dues include membership, yet I still get the "bill" trying to get me to sign up. I never do, I continue to receive the magazine (switched to digital a while back), the card and the coupon book.

Even if I didn't get it for free, I'd still probably sign up since it's not very expensive and I like looking at the pictures. But I also have DAN membership and contribute to a variety of conservation efforts, so I guess I have all bases covered :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom