What is your favorite of all time regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as my favorite first stages that could be...

I love the idea of the Scubpro MK19 [environmentally sealed, plus swivel turret]...and to couple it with G250V or G260s [excellent breathers and easy to service/tune] :)

Scubatools has an aluminum 1st stage holding tool [screws into the HP or LP ports] that is not terribly priced:

First Stage Handle, Featherweight, Aluminum

They also have a brass one if you want to spend a bit more.

If you read further, on both the brass and the aluminum options, "The stainless steel cross tee provides a leverage point for tightening and loosening the handle. The threaded ends are stainless steel, socket, set screws which can be replaced if damaged . . ."

and to think, we just used to use old CO2 cylinders from our vests as the stage holder for in the vise....

We still do, on occasion; but my go-to is my bench-mounted fixture, from years ago, along with my favorite regulator . . .

Attachments

• IMG_2132.JPG
    IMG_2132.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 87
Looks like I stand corrected...I forgot about the SS ends. Good catch and info!

Looks like I stand corrected...I forgot about the SS ends. Good catch and info!

"The threaded ends are stainless steel, socket, set screws which can be replaced if damaged . . ."

One just wonders what that source of potential damage would be, to those replaceable set screws, on the first stage handles -- yikes . . .

Scubatools has an aluminum 1st stage holding tool [screws into the HP or LP ports] that is not terribly priced:

First Stage Handle, Featherweight, Aluminum

They also have a brass one if you want to spend a bit more.
I got a couple of bolts from a local industrial supplier for free. They were engineering samples...

They clamp in a vise just fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom