What is your favorite shoe for scuba, and why are they Crocs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For use while diving, only dive boots (Bare)
Merrell Sandals on the dive boat
Merrell waterproof running shoes everywhere else.

I do keep a very large pair of crocs in my drysuit undergarment bag. They are great for slipping on over your undies to walk around the boat. They keep your socks dry until you are ready to suit up.

I do keep a very large pair of crocs in my drysuit undergarment bag. They are great for slipping on over your undies to walk around the boat. They keep your socks dry until you are ready to suit up.
we never undress that far.... Head/arms/chest out, tuck the sleeves in the suspenders. That usually allows you to pee too.....

I bought a pair of Crocs. Hated them and donated to the Thrift Shop. Any dampness and my foot slid inside the shoe.

I have used the same pair of Teva’s for years.

View attachment 772571

I have those sandals. On my second pair. Killed the first with constant wear over five years.

we never undress that far.... Head/arms/chest out, tuck the sleeves in the suspenders. That usually allows you to pee too.....
Depends on the boat. Isle Royale liveaboard will have me in my undies the entire day, I just slip into my suit for the dives.

I have those sandals. On my second pair. Killed the first with constant wear over five years.
Someone gave me a gift card for Christmas. I used it to buy another pair but since the first pair still works perfectly (though looks well loved) the new pair is still in it’s box.

I had picked up some Teva sandals on a "buy one, get one free" season end sale at a outdoor store. I still have not taken the second pair out of the box after now 10 tears of beating the hell out of the first pair...

Crocs and water or mud, dont mix. Instant slip and fall. And I have to wear socks with them, otherwise they eat my foot. Theyre good indoors, but useless outside.

I use rubber bottom flip flops with a leather top.

Tevas can get soaked in sea water, and they wont stink.

Some shoes can really smell when you add sea water.

I use only close toe sandals, bc my toes are ... a sight to behold.

As I tend to get sore feet, I'm partial to shoes that have cushion and that I can't feel across the top of my toes/foot. I generally have a total of 4 shoes when I travel - all but 1 are recovery shoes.

On a plane: HOKA recovery shoes - they slip on or the heel folds down so they can be worn like a slide.
Walking around town/going out to eat and I want my toes covered: OOFOS shoe
Land excursions, long walking planned, hiking: HOKA trail or walking shoe (only take one depending on where we go)
To the dive boat, beach, pool, most everything else: HOKA recovery slides or OOFO original sandals or slides

Just realized this are the shoes I wear 99% of the time when I'm not traveling!!

OOFO's new thing is a sandal that's more like the Croc, but still has the OOFO technology. I'll probably try it at some point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom