What is your favorite shoe for scuba, and why are they Crocs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teva's.

Barefoot whenever and wherever I can get away with it.
Most of my dives are boat dives, so this is not really a good option. Fine for on the boat, but not recommended around docks or ramps. I have a pair of Columbia Drainmakers for the boat. They work great on the boat, docks, and some beaches. The soles have holes for water to drain, but I’ve been on some shorelines where the holes are the right size for the pebbles to get stuck in the holes.

I also have a pair of crocs. Standard crocs I use for around my pool deck, but I have another with a mesh top that are maybe a bit more stylish, and seem to fit a bit tighter. I’ll try them out. I think they’ll be better for shoreline than the Drainmakers.

A while back, my friend was on my boat. He was barefoot and got off the boat to handle the lines. While doing so, he managed to kick one of the cleats on the ramp pier. Ended up splitting the skin between two of his toes. His wife is a Dr so she was able to stitch him up later that day.

Nothing beat flip flop, cheap(can be expensive) and readily available anywhere in SE Asia..

I wear, and really like, the Crocs bistro pros. They have no holes on the sides, so they're good in the sand and snow, they have adjustable straps so they can be tightened down and avoid slidding around when feet are wet, and they have a really nice insole. They're made for kitchen work, so they're also a non-slip tread, and they're easy to wash and rinse. Far superior to regular crocs

I use Keen Waimeas - basically flip flops with toe protection. I got my first pair many years ago after I cut my big toe badly doing something in flip flops that clearly required better shoe planning.

1678113029783.png

View attachment 772661
Croc charms also fit the holes on jet fins.

You can totally skimp on scuba regulators, even the "cheap" ones are generally more than good enough to be safe and effective for most things. :stirpot: Seriously though, the "expensive" ones have very rapidly diminishing returns vs. price. I'm not talking about the bottom of the barrel no-name chinese stuff, but something from Deep6 will be as good or better than whatever premium reg you can spend $2000 on.

This is ::Italian chef's kiss:: levels of creativity.

Deep6 will be as good or better
If you can find Deep 6 here, it is even more expensive , due to postage, I bought a SP Mk19 first stage here for $210 US, and a G260 [can't remember the price], but it was way cheaper than you guys can buy them, so you guys are being ripped off on some brands.

Back
Top Bottom