What kind of and why do agencies put requirements on shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't speak for that particular shop, but my biggest frustration is the American model dive shop that certifies a diver, sells them an OW class and a set of dive gear, and then forgets all about them. 'Nuff said about that in this thread.

I don't mind those shops ... they keep me in business ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If the customer can't find you between that kind of shop and me, it ends up very frustrating for all parties.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

A few do. Most don't. They just stop diving and finally sell their feat on Craigslist 10-20 years later.

I read somewhere that they have to pay yearly fees for fancy signs and patches. Stuff like that... That's the big requirement, from what I've seen.

I read somewhere that they have to pay yearly fees for fancy signs and patches. Stuff like that... That's the big requirement, from what I've seen.

For my yearly fee I get membership and doodly-squat else. If I want fancy signs, patches and stuff I gotta pay for them.

I don't believe it is a requirement for an SSI shop to sell the mouthpiece seperate on the rental regs but I only have the experience at my SSI shop where they rent the reg and then grab a new mouthpiece out of a bag in a drawer and hand it to you. They also give you two mouth pieces when you start the OW class. It could be an insurance liability thing never really asked them about it directly. I know personally I prefer having my own mouthpiece(and everything else) but I don't really even worry about it for the buddy sharing. I mean if I need to share air I am more worried about being alive after and not what I might catch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom