What kind of yearly maintenance is required for the wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, that's cool, Tobin! Wish I had had that to watch before I committed surgery upon my own gear :)

Yes, that would be great! I just got some new stuff from you Tobin, thanks for the high quality and unique stuff.

Yes, that would be great! I just got some new stuff from you Tobin, thanks for the high quality and unique stuff.

Thanks for the kind words.

We should be shooting the video in a few days. I band sawed an inflator body in half so we even have props.

Stay tuned, "Mysteries of the Power Inflator" soon to be released.

Tobin

Stay tuned, "Mysteries of the Power Inflator" soon to be released.

Tobin

:popcorn:

As a former test engineer, I really enjoyed the tank stability video :D

I cant wait to clean my rig..it will mean I actually got to dive it! Darned rain...darned girlfriend...

:popcorn:

As a former test engineer, I really enjoyed the tank stability video :D

I cant wait to clean my rig..it will mean I actually got to dive it! Darned rain...darned girlfriend...

Former?

I'm stuck in the TE world... forever it would appear!! :)

Hey Tobin,

Any way to replace the rubber stud on the wing? The one which helps hold the wing to the bp even though it really isnt required.

I've put over a hundred dives on the rig. Its great. Except this thing has snapped off. No big deal, but i kinda like its function.

Hey Tobin,

Any way to replace the rubber stud on the wing? The one which helps hold the wing to the bp even though it really isnt required.

I've put over a hundred dives on the rig. Its great. Except this thing has snapped off. No big deal, but i kinda like its function.

The rubber locator's are easy to replace. Just pull out the old ones and push in new ones.

These locator's will last a long time if you mount the wing by PUSHING on the large end of the locator while you wiggle the small end through the plate. If you try to PULL them through from the late side you will eventually tear them.

We have a short video demonstrating the correct way to use these. I hope to have it up on our website soon, along with a few others.

Send me an email to tobin@deepseasupply with your mailing address and we will get you a pair of locator's in the mail.

Tobin

The rubber locator's are easy to replace. Just pull out the old ones and push in new ones.

These locator's will last a long time if you mount the wing by PUSHING on the large end of the locator while you wiggle the small end through the plate. If you try to PULL them through from the late side you will eventually tear them.

We have a short video demonstrating the correct way to use these. I hope to have it up on our website soon, along with a few others.

Send me an email to tobin@deepseasupply with your mailing address and we will get you a pair of locator's in the mail.

Tobin

Thanks Tobin!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom