What len and where to buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaworm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
got g16 na/cam looking for wide A lens. Bluewater has inon s100zm80+ dome unit for $545..... I have a macro lens already and adding wide A to my rig.... Any advice. I see the lens on ebay from hong kong but thinking not a good idea. I'm upgrading my strobe also but for the moment could use advise on gear thanks : )

If you are using the Nauticam housing get the Inon H100, it works great with the G16.
Inon UWL-H100 28M67 Type2 Wide Conversion Lens

The S100 is a great lens but requires zooming in to 80mm which reduces your minimum aperture. This lens was designed for cameras with a focal range lower than 24mm. ( The G16 is 28mm)

got g16 na/cam looking for wide A lens. Bluewater has inon s100zm80+ dome unit for $545..... I have a macro lens already and adding wide A to my rig.... Any advice. I see the lens on ebay from hong kong but thinking not a good idea. I'm upgrading my strobe also but for the moment could use advise on gear thanks : )

I am not sure about your statement inon themselves do not recommend that lens. The long zoom of the G series is one of the reasons why the zoom lenses were developed nothing to do with 24/28 mm is the distance between wide and tele of the port that gives poor quality image and fringing that matters

Should I buy a strobe and wide A lens from ebay. Yes they are much cheaper than buying it at other websites but how is the quality. fine on ebay most dealers are from Hong Kong so are they knock offs?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom