What new camera to shoot now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had a Kodak Dx7590 (5MP) with Ikelite housing and strobe.
I really like to shoot macro and believe it or not got some awesome shots with this. I know- Kodak- weird. But I could put the subject right up to the port and shoot it and it was an awesome result.

I want to go up to at least a 10MP now. I have a Canon 40D for land use. I just am not sure if that is what I should use underwater now.

Please make some suggestions for me. I do not have to stay with Canon.
My husband uses an Olympus and is also getting ready to upgrade. We do not have to use the same brand.

I really want to take macro photos and I have been happy with Ikelite housing and strobes.

Thanks in advance.

The 40D coupled with the Canon 60 macro can do some really neat stuff. Add a SubSee adapter to go 2:1 and you can be doing super macro. Most of the macro stuff on our website
BlueViews | Home Page
was done with the 40D and either the 60 or 100 canon macro. Great camera, very reliable.
Bill

Would the 100mm be better to get as I do not have to get that close to the subject or do you find the 60mm more useful?

By the way, awesome photos!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom