What one brand for the rest of your life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gowanus Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What if you could only buy scuba gear from a single brand for the rest of your life? What brand would you pick? Imagine you could swap all existing gear you have to that brand’s equivalent right now, so you’d be unified at no cost. Then afterward all new gear you’d have to pay as normal…

The number one thing needed around here is a good drysuit... and those who make good drysuits don't appear to make much else. Conversely those who make other gear don't make good drysuits, so I guess I'm SOL.

Depends on the spirit of the question. If you mean my favorite overall brand, that's easy, Deep6. Everything they make is some of the best value gear available. But they don't make, uh let's see: lead, weight belts, tanks, cutting tools, reels, SMBs, multitools and so on.

If you truly mean everything, well, yeah I guess I'd have to go with DiveRite or Halcyon or ScubaPro... even though I don't really use anything from either of these brands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom