What online shows or podcasts does the scuba community recommend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyballenscuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was just wondering what online podcasts(iTunes) or online video/audio shows are people watching to gain more understanding of scuba diving, marine biology, cinematography, and underwater storytelling. Looking for both entertaining and educational content.

I already know about Scuba Radio(tried to listen but he doesn't focus on diving/education) - Scuba Obsessed(good audio show)and Talking Scuba(good video show) both produced in Michigan.

Thanks,
Johnny B Allen

I'm a big fan of PodDiver radio. It's focused on technical diving, but it's loaded with great information even for us recreational divers.

poddiver.net

I'll put in a shameless plug for my show in podcast format on DVD Even I watch it (or is it only I watch it?).

NEW PODCAST EPISODE: Pod Diver Radio #111
POD DIVER Episode 111: Copyright 2010:
Direct Download

PROGRAMING NOTE: THE 2005 RSS FEED TO ITUNES IS NG. RE-SUBSCRIBE USING THIS RSS ADDRESS: feed://poddiver.libsyn.com/rss ~ or ~ www.poddiver.net

SEGMENT 1: Cave Diving on Grand Bahamas Island with Cristina Zenato. Dolphin & Scuba Diving Activities & More!

SEGMENT 2: DIVERITE 2010, new equipment update.

SEGMENT 3: Divers Alert Network: Educational Programs: DAN Divers Alert Network : Training & Education

SEGMENT 4: Dive Center Review: AMIGOS Dive Center, Fort White, FL

DAN Emergency Hotline The new number is: 919-684-9111

POD DIVER RADIO IS NOW PARTNERED WITH MARINERS LEARNING SYSTEM. FOR MORE INFO CHECK OUT.
Mariners Learning System

** Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/poddiver

** Jill's Guide: The Essentials of Cave Diving AVAILABLE NOW!
The full color contemporary guidebook to Cave diving. Generously illustrated, “The Essentials of Cave Diving” contains practical 21st century underwater knowledge, including sidemount techniques and the latest rebreather technology. Encompassing all levels of cave diving, from apprentice to expert, from sidemount to CCR, this guide is an essential manual; appropriate and relevant to all cave training disciplines.
Jill's Dive Shop

POD DIVER RADIO 116: Report from DEMA 2011 about Rebreather Forum 3.0. Interview with Roz Lunn and Brian Caney. For more info : www.rf30.org

Direct MP3 download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/poddiver/PD116.mp3

POD DIVER IS NOW PARTNERED WITH MARINERS LEARNING SYSTEM. Mariners Learning System
** Subscribe Free: www.poddiver.net
** Subscribe Free: <![CDATA[POD DIVER RADIO 2010]]>
** Facebook Page: POD DIVER RADIO | Facebook
** 6Pack School: Mariners Learning System
** Facebook: Joseph Cocozza | Facebook

POD DIVER RADIO and Blue House Multimedia also want to thank Tom Shear and Assemblage 23 for permission to use their music in POD DIVER RADIO and POD DIVER TV.

poddiver.net
Mariners Learning System

Scuba Radio should not be totally dismissed. While there is a lot of chatter that doesn't really inform,as we all know, they have a DAN feature each week that is good, and candidly, some of the ads are informative. Occasionally they have on guests of substance- Jean Michel Cousteau has been on, and when they have tourist promoters on from different places, it is interesting. If you listen on line after the fact you can fast forward through stuff that you don't want, and that is a nice feature. I understand this week's show is on "give the gift of scuba" and will feature some Christmas shopping ideas. (and I will be on talking diving etiquette) Anyway, it's out there as an option for those who dare!
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom