What piece(s) of dive gear do you collect too many of?

What piece(s) of dive gear do you collect too many of?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RocketFish17

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This is a rather fun question, but what in your dive gear collection do you have an abnormally higher amount of, as a result of trying different types out or collecting spares over time?

For myself, it's anything to do with BP/Ws. I love that it's the centerpiece of a dive rig, and is infinitely customizable and personalizable. Whilst I never need *another* plate, or cool patterned Halcyon webbing, it's part of the fun and expression of SCUBA. And it's fun to lend to friends to try something new on a dive we've done plenty of times before.

My buddy loves collecting different underwater flashlights, and another likes trying on different masks.

Do you have a growing collection of something, or enjoy exploring a type of gear?

How about "all the above"? My wife thinks I'm a scuba crackhead and our basement has turned into some weird dive shop dungeon of sorts.​
She's not wrong🙄

Regulators is my weakness. However, I refuse to say that it is “too many”. I will go with “a few” and “not enough”.

You can only tick one , I tried to tick four.
it does say :

What piece(s),​

I would not be alone, I will be in denial , the other 3 don't count, not a problem.

Bottle openers and cork screws, to drown the sadness caused by the lack of new gear and bucket list trips this board causes. 😢

Your poll is flawed. It only allows one selection. To vote truthfully, I'd need to select at least 4 on your list!

For me it is BP/Ws (2 plates, 2 STAs, 4 wings currently), regs (7 currently, not all being used), fins (4.5 pairs), and bolt snaps (lined upon hanging on the shelf in the garage ready to use ... where do they all go???!!).

Back
Top Bottom