What reg to buy and what else do I need to know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A Mares Abyss is an excellent recreational diving regulator. My suggestion is to purchase an Abyss (or an AMF MR-12II/Mares MR-12III) second stage on e-bay and have it rebuilt by your LDS. All in price should be well below the $250 you have been quoted, and you will have the same regulator (internally) that you have used for the last 15 or so years, ready to take the next decade or two in stride.

I second this advice.

Looks like you learned something from the computer thread, good for you
Have to quote from "Stuck in the middle with you":
"Trying to make some sense of it all. But I can see that it makes no sense at all".

To borrow a phase:
Any brand as long as it is Poseidon.........
BTW, the regs are heavy though.

FIFY. :wink:

In all seriousness, there ain't a whisker's difference between all of the high end regs. Buy on price or features and call it good. Personally I buy from Ebay and have them serviced. I have two Poseidon Odin/Jetstream setups and I have less than $500 in the pair. Add $150 each for service and I have two sets for the price of one.

YMMV

Hey Buddhasummer. Looks like the green is back in stock! :D (Don't listen to me. Look where it got you with the Petrel!)

Between Eric and I we have about 5 different types/styles of first and seconds including some "vintage" that I am learning to service but the Mikron is my favorite for travel. I also like a Mikron as my bungeed second because of its size.

I'm on it :D

---------- Post added October 16th, 2015 at 12:16 PM ----------

It's no longer in stock...seems I was too slow...again

I'm on it :D

---------- Post added October 16th, 2015 at 12:16 PM ----------

It's no longer in stock...seems I was too slow...again
Wow. That is crazy. When they say "low on stock" they mean it!

I imagine they had only one...I can get two yellow Mikrons out of Europe landed for around $285, I have a spare MK25 so would just need to get some green or blue purge covers and two gray adjustment knob thingys and I'd be good to go...maybe...like I really need another reg set..

Geo2 for $250, must make some sense, after all
It is a relatively good price if you know:
1. To call them ahead.
2. The info is up-date in your server(?) otherwise it is $379.95.
3. Postage + IDD.

No such problem from DGX!!! What you see is what you pay and even FREE postage if order over US$250.00.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom