What reg to buy? (DIR Orriented)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm saying that if you bi*ch about your LDS, then decide to shop at LP, and get bad service, or whatever, dont whine to me about it. Secondly , if a dive shop messes up, most of them will try to make it up to you. Its called customer service. ALso, you dont pay double, you are paying a reasonable price for a quality product with a WARRANTY!!!!! If you dont want a warranty, buy at LP. :wacko: :wacko:

Well,
I agree, to a point. My negativity comes from 2 LDS's as such:

Shop A sells me a Al80 Luxfer right when Luxfer was in the heat of having neck stresses and cracking issues. No one would fill the tank, and it cost me some expensive Hydro (it was only 1 yr old) before any other LDS would touch it.

Shop B, when I was a newbie, before I even began my BOW course, sells me a top of the line mask, that never fit right from the day I purchased it, sold by an over zealous LDS employee telling me 'This mask fits you great." Fact was, it leaked like a seive, so bad, that I had to clear it about every 15 seconds.

Shop C & D sells most gear for full MSRP, so that means I could have paid $379 for my wing vs. $220.

I will be doing my own reg overhauls and soon to do my own air fills as well. There isn't much I am going to need an LDS for.

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
After thinking I had 'seen it all' from almost 2 decades of being in the sales field, I can honestly say that I *DIDN'T* when I got into scuba and saw all the games, BS, and otherwise that goes on in many, not all, LDS shops. From this guy badmouthing that guy because he sells different brands then he does, is poor salesmanship at best, and a disservice to newbie’s at worst.

I agree with you I am buying $3K to $4K worth of equipment for me and my daughter and tried to find a good LDS to give my money to but have given up. LP will get the majority of my money and the LDS's will get the crumbs.
If you don't carry it don't bad mouth it because the person asking the question likes it otherwise he wouldn;t be asking about it.

That’s right...that’s the first ethical lesson you learn in the sales field. Much better to day "Yea, brand XYZ is a good regulator. I think ours are better and this is why, but..." and let them form their own conclusions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom