What scares you beneath the surface?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

^^^
The thought of getting entangled in monofilament line or netting, accidentally pissing off a Giant Pacific Octopus and the resulting consequences, being harassed by very large male California and Stellar sea lions, which I have been in marinas and it’s not fun.

Mono is bad but the new dynema/spectra braid is horrendous. It's thin like mono but 100lb+ test and it doesn't degrade over time. To make matters worse it's very "grabby."

But was she lying?
That depends on opinion. She just didn't want to dive as much as I did. Took me a long time to figure out why she had a problem with having a dive shop, working a full time job, live radio program (All Things Scuba) on Saturday morning, diving every Wednesday evening, only diving 2 to 3 Sunday's a month and 4 to 5 Great Lakes trips per summer. I think now, I was over doing it a little. But we did take at least 1 trip a year to see the pretty fishes.

Was more spent on her than diving?
Before or after the affair started?
Some could saying the wife had behind the mistress to an avid diver.
You know, I think you are right (to an obsessed diver).

Very true story; the divorce papers included how the scuba gear was going to be split up.

Worse, monofiliment with fish hooks!
That is, in my opinion, the biggest hazard when diving the lake closest to me. My first entanglement was when I was still freediving in the 90's.

DW

1) Gillnets. 2) Downrigger wire or braid. Usually 200+ test. Although....when you do find DR line, there's usually a nice 12 or 15 lb DR ball at the end of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom