What scuba diving goals did you accomplish in 2007?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got the following certifications, and worked my ass off to get them, too!
Rescue Diver
Deep Diver
Underwater Lift-Bag Operations
Dry Suit
EAN

Goals for 2008: Become a better diver through constantly working on buoyancy, trim, and efficiency, get the 100th dive, and dive a LOT more than I did in 2007.

A good dive year for me.

I did my 100th dive.
I was EFR certified.
I completed Rescue.
I dove the Radeaux, Land Tortoise, in Lake George, NY.
I got drysuit certified and got a drysuit.
I got EANx certified.
My wife did her OW course and is waiting to do the cert dives.
I did some great shore dives in Maine and met two great SB members there. (Spectrum and Luis H)
I met some great members of the dive community at Portland's Brownstone Quarry in CT. (Susan Long of DUI and Eric Douglas of DAN)
I made the commitment to become a DM.

I got the bug after Thanksgiving and did the following certs in a single month:

OW
AOW
Nitrox
Deep
U/W Nav
U/W Naturalist
PPB

I'm getting my Rescue Diver and MSD next week. Hope to do Advanced Nitrox and Decompression courses in the first half of 2008, possibly CCR. Will wait on DM until after 100 more dives.

Loving my time underwater, in some ways more than on land.

Congrats, Doug, on the two cover images!

I exceeded 300 dives this year... again. Of course I'm a dive bum so I should have reached 600, but the editing takes a lot of time. This year I vow to dive less (say 200) and edit more so I can produce products that might sell and actually fund my lifestyle.

Two TV segments on The Weather Channel, articles that featured me in DAN's Alert Diver and the Bloomberg Financial News. Those were cool.

A number of deep dives to 200 ft on air (the only gas I trust... so far) but I recently discovered that my Aladin Pro appears to read 3' deeper than my Nitek Duo so maybe I've only been to 197 ft. No wonder I wasn't seriously narced!

Goals for 2008: dive Africa (Red Sea) and with any luck South America (Venezuela, Brazil, Chile or Galapagos), complete a minimum of four new DVD's, complete the first 16 episodes of a proposed commercial TV series on kelp forest ecology, and actually make a profit for a change!

Oh... and carried over from New Years resolutions dating back to the 1960's... finally find my ultimate dive buddy and partner in life (before it's over!).

After a several year layoff from diving I got my butt in gear and got back into the water! Also traded in my 35 year old typewritten PADI card for a shiney new OW card.
Now no more getting left at the dock by clueless divemasters! :thumbs_down:

On to AOW in 2008! :thumbs_up:

I got my PADI Divemaster rating :jump3:
Hit 100 dives last month
got a drysuit!

In 2008 I hope to begin my IDC and we have a trip planned to Cozumel in April!

Did my Discover Scuba and even though it sucked, I found I loved diving. Signed up for OW cert (start Sunday). My goal for 2K8, obviously to get OW and to log 10-15 dives at least for the year (all warm water).

Finally got a custom-fit drysuit.

I was certified OW and nitrox in March of 07 and so far I have 140+ dives. I hope to make it 200+ by the one year mark. I have shot some massive fish, seen lots of sharks, dove most of the better wrecks off of SC. I just hope that 08 is as good to me as 07.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom