What should I look for in a wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone giving great info. ...I would just add one other thing...since your looking at a 3mm, which is also the suit commonly used by surfers, make sure the suit you get is meant for SCUBA and not a surf suit...the suits meant for surfers have a different neoprene bubble make up..they arent meant to be at depth and they don't compress and expand back like the neoprene used in a scuba suit...they would work to keep you warm,,for one dive.

Everyone giving great info. ...I would just add one other thing...since your looking at a 3mm, which is also the suit commonly used by surfers, make sure the suit you get is meant for SCUBA and not a surf suit...the suits meant for surfers have a different neoprene bubble make up..they arent meant to be at depth and they don't compress and expand back like the neoprene used in a scuba suit...they would work to keep you warm,,for one dive.
Do you have any specifics on this? All of my wetsuits are for surfing except my 7mm jacket and they all work just fine for diving, at least down to 75 feet and temps in the low 40s (which included the jacket).

I'm curious if there is any manufacturing information you have regarding this or what? Where did this information originate?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom