What sort of dive knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexxred

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

Can someone recommend a good short (not a big strap to leg etc.) fixed blade dive knife..pref ti with a good sheath. Most small knifes i've seen have terrible shealths that mean its highly likely that they will either knocked out easily or hard to get out/put back in.

alexxred:
Hi all,

Can someone recommend a good short (not a big strap to leg etc.) fixed blade dive knife..pref ti with a good sheath. Most small knifes i've seen have terrible shealths that mean its highly likely that they will either knocked out easily or hard to get out/put back in.

I have a little Tusa FK-10 attached to an upper slide on my Ranger BC. It is easy to get to, remove and replace even with 5mm gloves on. When you slide the lock in place, she is tight. No problem in many differnt conditions...

Good luck'
Flea

I use a Wenoka Squeeze Ti Knife.

Well, so far I've only used it for underwater pumpkin carving, but it does seem very secure in the sheath, unlikely to slip out by accident. :)

7dzbo

Bought for $42.00 Cdn at mec.ca :)

Bjorn

pipedope:
For a very nice page on making your own and also containing a link to one commercially available see;
http://atlanticunderwater.com/equipment/knife.shtml

Just got mine from Deep Sea Supply. Just picked up a BP/W set-up and ordered one of the knives also. Everything, knife included look like top-notch work. I'll give a report tomorrow after diving.

I have an Oceanic Spinner BC blunt tip knife. It's the same as the Aeris Silver Jack. Both sell for around $25 and have a decent sheath. I've had one for over a year now and have taken it on every dive and haven't lost it. It's really easy to get it in and out of the sheath, and I have no danger of it falling out. Now if I could just say the same about my shears, I'd be in good shape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom