What strobe w G7x ii ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WallDiver7

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm seriously considering buying the Fantasea/G7xii combo. I would appreciate recommendations for a strobe to add to this. If it isn't obvious from the question I ask, this will be my first use of a strobe underwater. Cheap but decent, will be ok by me. One requirement: It must be ok to 200'. Thanks.

I suggest keeping a close eye on the classifieds here and on wetpixel. I've seen many people selling used Sea & Sea YS-D1 strobes for ~$300. This is a great deal on a great strobe. Most likely these people are upgrading to the YS-D2. The YS-D1 has a depth rating of 100m, and should be compatible with the G7xii.

Thanks... will do. What does the Ys-D2 have that the YS-D1 does not?

I suggest keeping a close eye on the classifieds here and on wetpixel. I've seen many people selling used Sea & Sea YS-D1 strobes for ~$300. This is a great deal on a great strobe. Most likely these people are upgrading to the YS-D2. The YS-D1 has a depth rating of 100m, and should be compatible with the G7xii.

I got the G7xii and Fantasea housing last year. As for lights I got the YS-01 strobe and a I-Torch Venom 50 video light. The strobe, brand new out of the box flooded on the first dive. Not the battery compartment, but the light part got a bunch of water inside. Stuck in Tahiti without a strobe.......:( But I really like the Video light. After returning from the trip I got the strobe exchanged without a problem from Leisure Pro. Unfortunately it's still too cold to try out the replacement. I also got the Fantasea Wide Angle lens, that's waiting for warmer water also.....

Back
Top Bottom