• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

What Support Equipment for CC ?

Discussion in 'Rebreather Diving' started by Zebra 1, Jan 3, 2021.

1. OceanEyes

OceanEyes ScubaBoard Sponsor ScubaBoard Sponsor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    A few items that I don’t think have been mentioned that the OP should consider. For all of the items that I’m suggesting, I think it wise to consult with your instructor.

For your air diluent class and initial CCR dives you’ll want a reel with sufficient line to shoot a bag from depth, and double that amount of line if you’ll be diving in the ocean. I prefer very simple primary reels like the ones offered by Light Monkey and Halcyon. You’ll want a second reel when you advance to your trimix class.

A lift bag or strong SMB that can be filled via a Schrader valve. I’ve been using Carter bags for years and have not needed to look elsewhere so don’t know of other manufacturers to recommend. As with a reel, you will want a second bag when you move on to trimix.

On each of my bailout regulator first stages I’ve attached a reliable 2nd stage, a SPG on a short hose, a LP inflator hose with QD fitting, and a female side, slide lock Schrader valve fitting screwed directly onto the first stage. I bought several of these years ago and don’t remember where I got them, but found something similar on the DGX website. I’ll attempt to attach a link to their page.

DGX Adapter: Turns LP Reg Hose into BC Inflator Hose

2. tbone1004

tbone1004 Technical Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    @OceanEyes why not just use a drysuit hose?

As far everything else, I don't think any of them are CCR specific with the potential exception of the DSMB's with a schrader valve, though I still prefer to do that from the mouth. You go slightly head down, exhale fully into the CCR, bail out, then shoot the DSMB as normal. Slightly head down is somewhat important since you'll end up a bit positive while shooting it. Exhale fully, then get back on the loop. I found that a lot easier than trying to futz with my drysuit hose or one off of bailout. I also use QC6's instead of inflator hoses, so that's part of it.

grantctobin likes this.