What actor justin theroux’s near dive fatality can teach us

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Before SPG's we used a non submersible pressure gauge to check the tank pressure before we took it in the water. I still use them rather than hook up a reg set just to check tank pressure..

View attachment 413239

Bob
With half a dozen tanks in my attic, I've seriously considered getting something similar. Problem is, right now I can't defend the cost/benefit factor. Tank gauges unfortunately are fairly expensive around here (DIN country), and it's not that much of a hassle to hook up a reg set to check the tank pressure.

With half a dozen tanks in my attic, I've seriously considered getting something similar. Problem is, right now I can't defend the cost/benefit factor. Tank gauges unfortunately are fairly expensive around here (DIN country), and it's not that much of a hassle to hook up a reg set to check the tank pressure.

Or you can get an estimate and have fun by just cracking the tank and seeing how high a sleeping cat jumps.

Last edited:
The problem isn't how high the cat jumps, it's getting the claw marks off the ceiling.
Not my problem, it's the neighbor's cat.

I don't think I'd buy that one. While the gauge goes to 350 bar, the connector looks more like a 200/232 bar type. The "nub" that sticks out looks a bit on the wide side to be able to fit in a 300 bar valve.

Or you can get an estimate and have fun by just cracking the tank and seeing how high a sleeping cat jumps.

Cat calibration service: ISAGN.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom