what the h***?!?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ringojcp

Reaction score
I bought a tusa rs-350 recently and when i hooked it up, it free flowed like a mofo. Tossed it for trash. I then went out and bought an atomic z2 brand new also. Best regulator in rodale's review. The LDS bench tested it and it worked. It has been in the reg bag since and when it was hooked up today, it's freaking free flowing. ***!?!?!?!what's wrong with my dive carrer? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ringo......Tusa's from the factory sometimes just do that. Don't toss it. Send it back to them and they will fix it (assuming you bought it from a ligit dive shop or web site) We service everything we sell. If you got if from us we'd take care of you.

Don't worry my friend its not you.

Happy and Safe Diving

well, the tusa will be fixed and used as a backup, but the atomic???

I can't speak for them.......I don't carry them. I'd be happy to ask for you!!!

Just PM me. I'll do what it takes to take care of you if your LDS isn't.

Scuba Brad

stick the second stage in water, put the first stage on a tank and turn on the valve. if it freeflows, try popping the faceplate on the second stage a few times.

My first trip out iwth a new SP600 and on every inhale it would fill with water. I called the LDS and it was fixed the same day. Give the dive shop a call and get them taken care of. If you do not trust them you can always donate them to me I really woudl not mind

it free flow alright, i will see what my lds can do, diving tommorow...scuba brad, just won me over as a customer, will be ordering from you a couple of days

Come on Luke we're trying to help here .............I actally have a sledge hammer close by that I'm happy to let anyone use.

Teasing of course.

Tusa's have sort of bad rap. Some just start out funky........but then when fixed last forever. Ringo..........I can buy anything I want as a shop owner.........but I dive with Oceanic life support systems. I also use XS Scuba a great deal. I just trust them!

Happy and Safe Diving

The Atomic will free flow at low pressure or flow rate when you first open the valve. Try opening the tank valve more quickly - it should stop it. If it doesn't, you've got a problem.

Scuba Brad:
Come on Luke we're trying to help here .............I actally have a sledge hammer close by that I'm happy to let anyone use.

Teasing of course.

Happy and Safe Diving

Belive me I almost used a sledge hammer after my giant stride and first inhale under water. Kind of shocking when you expect nice dry air and instead get 50 degree water.

LOL

Good luck but if you want my addy just let me know. J/k

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom