What the ?#$@ is the deal with LeisurePro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba:
I agree with it to, but I have 3 people on staff in my store, I dont have the money to have a staff watch the internet all day to see the best price and match it first or sell it that way, Im sorry, but I just cant afford to do that....Im not knocking anyones business model, I think they did something great to capture the market, I wish I could have done it......

We will not go out of business because of LPs prices stealing our customers, and I will not go out of business tryin to match their prices if I cant afford to do so. We do offer our best price, and try to go the extra distance to make a friend, not just a customer.....

Like I said I'm 40 so I don't adhere to this 100%. I sometimes like to pick up the phone and I like to know the person or business I'm buying from. My kids on the other hand, If I ask them where they bought something? Most of the time the answer will be "I dunno, off the internet". When they buy something their process is simply to open a search engine and find the best price. If you have two reputable internet stores (and they can tell the difference) with the same item they simply buy the cheapest one. I believe the younger generation will demand that with their wallets. LDS or internet is'nt even part of their thought process.

Dive Right In Scuba:
My intention was that I couldnt understand why people would keep going back to a place that(using peoples own words): Scam, wrong items, used items, old out of date items, missing manuals/parts, lousy service, etc....

I agree, if I was getting that kind of result I wouldn't go back. But I think my results are the norm, not those of people getting "scammed".

One clarification on price matching, IF a place emphasizes that they will match prices (and actually mean it rather than just paying lip service to it) then I might give them a shot if I like them better overall. But if you offer to price match and I come to you with a price to match and I just get a sob story of why you cannot match, don't expect me to come back again for a price match. And I will not ever approach a dealer that does not offer to price match.

Dive Right In Scuba:
I agree with it to, but I have 3 people on staff in my store, I dont have the money to have a staff watch the internet all day to see the best price and match it first or sell it that way, Im sorry, but I just cant afford to do that....Im not knocking anyones business model, I think they did something great to capture the market, I wish I could have done it......

I understand that, nobody can track all the prices out there. I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about places (i.e. LDS) whose posted prices are significantly higher across the board and they know fully well they are not even close.

Dive Right In Scuba:
We will not go out of business because of LPs prices stealing our customers, and I will not go out of business tryin to match their prices if I cant afford to do so. We do offer our best price, and try to go the extra distance to make a friend, not just a customer.....

Now I'm confused, do you price match or not? If you list something for $299 but will sell it for $249 on a price match, then $299 was not your "best price". Saying you offer your best prices upfront and saying you will match prices seem to me to be mutually exclusive.

BTW, pages on your site are not working. Your page on "low price guarantee" (I notice it says "low" not "lowest"), http://www.diverightinscuba.com/lowprice.html, returns 404 page not found. Ditto for the page to "learn more" about buying from authorized dealers.

then I might give them a shot if I like them better overall.
I can't even say that

I'd like to point out that it is more than the money or the customer service.

I don't like getting stuck in traffic, burning gas and polluting the air....If I have 20 minutes and I can go for a bike ride or bang out an order online, I'll do it the easy way. No offense to any shop owners, the LDS here on Oahu have not done anything to "earn" my time, in six years. They are out for themselves, and I plan my own time and expenditures. The box shows up in several day at my door.

No parking (that is tough here...lets see..my favorite shop "South Seas Aquatics" costs me about an hour and half round trip for 8 miles and then I get to pay about 5 dollars an hour to park) And THAT is if I go midday, I just can't plan my life around purchases any more. I have more time than most people. If I worked 9-5 there is no way you would catch me driving across town to a shop on my day off.

I love to shop and I have not been to a major mall in a few years. It just is not worth it anymore. Sitting in traffic has a solution. The "air scare" just insults my intelligence.

Can't wait till I don't have to grocery shop in the actual store and just order online and have it delivered.

THINK of all the TRAFFIC that internet shopping has done away with...think about that effect on the environment. Efficiency is the wave of the futue for many reasons.

Never had a problem with any of the dive suppliers including Leisure Pro. Frankly all have been great even though some get my orders rushed out, some not so fast. My only LP complaint is they don't have an inexpensive HID canister light, but then again, no one else does either.

Back in college (Berkeley), before I got a car, we use to grocery shop online. At the time, there seemed to be many such companies doing this in major towns throughout the US. Seemed to have died down in recent years. Prices weren't too bad, and the driver always brought the groceries up the stairs. :) Oh the good life...

haha49:
if i were you i would call your cridet card company and tell them to hold payment untill its all sorted out..

Ill advised. It's called retail theft. This is being worked out. LP made an offer to rectify, but the OP dragged his heels.

because if you dont and say you end up geting nothing you cant claim it after a certain amount of time

The time limit far exceeds this already proposed resolution.

the only down side is you have to call them and tell them the transaction is now fine and to put it through.. the criedet card companys will hold onto there money like no tomorrow so they will not let it go through they will even charge back money as well if they need to correct something like this..

Spoken like a truly uninformed consumer. It will likely cost the merchant a $25 "chargeback fee" no matter what the outcome.

.. its just covering your self but misttakes happen and i bet they dont like bad publicity like this..

Mistakes do happen. A mistake that LP will undoubtedly resolve.

In the mean time- look at all of this undeserved bad publicity.

Shame on all of us. Post #77.

ReefHound:
I understand that, nobody can track all the prices out there. I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about places (i.e. LDS) whose posted prices are significantly higher across the board and they know fully well they are not even close.

Now I'm confused, do you price match or not? If you list something for $299 but will sell it for $249 on a price match, then $299 was not your "best price". Saying you offer your best prices upfront and saying you will match prices seem to me to be mutually exclusive.

BTW, pages on your site are not working. Your page on "low price guarantee" (I notice it says "low" not "lowest"), http://www.diverightinscuba.com/lowprice.html, returns 404 page not found. Ditto for the page to "learn more" about buying from authorized dealers.

Thanks for the heads up on the pages....we just overhauled our site over the past few days and I didnt catch that one....I just sent an email to the computer guy to figure it out....Honestly thank you for that, I dont know how long it would have taken me to check that link cause we didnt change it.....

As for price matching, YES we do price match to people that offer the same things as us, being: Authorized Dealers....If they are an authorized dealer of what you are buying, then YES we will change the price and give 10% of the difference in your pocket...Ebay, non authorized dealers, etc. dont give the same things such as warranty, extended service options outside of warranty, etc. so we dont match those prices...if we are close on price, we will still do it but if its a big difference, then there is no way possible and we give our blessing with the other product

Yes it says Low and not Lowest....Dont look for the hidden meaning in that, there is none...I typed that up on day, trying to help people feel comfortable about their online purchases, not trying to say or imply anything or be sneaky or have any hidden meaning.....Thats just how the verbage came out....

As for best price, I know you have been reading and an active member on these issues before Hound, you know that Manufactures tie our hands sometimes on what price we can advertise at......So yes, If I have it at $299 and I match it at $249, well Im within my boundry of the Manuf. expectations and not breaking any rules.....I have gotten in trouble with vendors numerous times for sales that I did/.....ex: Buy a dive computer, get 10% off any BCD...etc....I cant do that stuff on alot of merchandise....

Have you guys head about the merchants having a "list" of "bad customers"?

lol, where is Howarde..he might have started it. Seriously, they want to trade names of people who contest charges. I am probably on that black list.

Warranties with dealers are tougher than LP, in my experience.
Shopping with LP is like going to Cosco...they take it back. My advice would to be make your manufacturer's warranties stronger. No jumping through hoops...yearly service requirements, etc.

PhilEllis:
Unfortunately, most of the authorized online scuba stores have slightly higher costs of doing business than Leisure Pro and therefore have a slightly less aggressive pricing model.

Why should Leisure Pro's cost of doing business be less than authorized scuba stores?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom