What the ?#$@ is the deal with LeisurePro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heffey:
Why should Leisure Pro's cost of doing business be less than authorized scuba stores?

THeres operating costs might not be less, but do they do classes? or other things to tie up money or concentrate on? No, they just sell equipment and in huge volumes...they make a little bit of money on a lot of merchandise, which in turn leads to big gains of profit....THey might have the same or more operating costs, but they sell alot more equipment and make alot more money.....Great business plan that they started numerous years ago and built up to what it is today

Dive Right In Scuba:
As for price matching, YES we do price match to people that offer the same things as us, being: Authorized Dealers....If they are an authorized dealer of what you are buying, then YES we will change the price and give 10% of the difference in your pocket....

Nothing personal, but conditional price match offers like that are worthless when everybody that is "authorized" must abide by an MAP.

ReefHound:
Let me give you my perspective. I just don't like to play that game. If you (generically speaking) want to run an auction, run an auction. As far as I am concerned, you had a chance to post your best price. If I go to your site (again, generically speaking) and see xyz reg for $299 and LP has it for $229, I'm probably not going to see if you will match. This isn't a Mexican mercado where I expect to haggle. If you wanted to sell it for $229, you had every opportunity to list it for $229. Nobody twisted your arm (well, maybe the manufacturer, but not me) to list it for $299. I'm going to assume the price you put on the tag is the price you need to get. I don't like it when people are fishing in my wallet for what they can get. It feels like buying a new car. It doesn't matter what anyone else's price is, your best price is your best price, offer it upfront.

It also slows down the transaction, requiring me to send emails asking to price match and then awaiting a reply. I'm not sure how checkout would be done. Call on the phone? Not a chance. I may be shopping at 5am before going to work, or at midnight. Or even at work, where I can type in privacy but I don't really care to pick up the phone so everybody in the adjacent cubicles can listen to me discuss a scuba purchase. Phone calls are designed for 10 minute transactions. I like to work at my own pace. The shopping cart lets me, will you?

This isn't directed at Reefhound, but to all.

On thing in the defense of a LDS that they are an authorized dealer and in most cases LP isn't. The manufacturer sets the minimum advertised price (MAP) in the dealer agreement.

So the LDS can't list a lower price to match LP's price on their website. If they do, they risk losing their dealership. It's the manufacturer that hamstrings the LDS here against LP.

Just FYI in why they might not have the lowest price advertised.

Now... with that said, it's a simple question if they can or will meet Leisure Pro's price. it's a simple yes/no answer. I agree with you that it should require a 'Mexican mercado' as you state it.

If the answer is No, they don't want your business. (that plain and simple).

But folks, don't punish your LDS because he can't advertise lower per his dealer agreement. Give them a chance. If they can't meet it, you can then decide where to spend your money.

But I also still support letting people spend their money where they want. So I have no hard feelings about anyone buying from LP.

Dive Right In Scuba:
THeres operating costs might not be less, but do they do classes? or other things to tie up money or concentrate on? No, they just sell equipment and in huge volumes...they make a little bit of money on a lot of merchandise, which in turn leads to big gains of profit....THey might have the same or more operating costs, but they sell alot more equipment and make alot more money.....Great business plan that they started numerous years ago and built up to what it is today

Classes?..... I thought classes were a way of creating more customers who will buy the LDS’s over priced gear.

BTW........I do support my LDS, but not with all purchases.

ReefHound:
Nothing personal, but conditional price match offers like that are worthless when everybody that is "authorized" must abide by an MAP.

Its not worthless...it means...maybe I, Mike, missed that one when I changed prices, maybe I didnt get a memo, maybe I didnt have a chance yet to change the price that just changed yesterday, it also is there in the hope that people ask about prices that I cant advertise lower due to restrictions.....In my eyes its not worthless, its there for my customers that know I try to do the best for them!

Heffey:
Classes?..... I thought classes were a way of creating more customers who will buy the LDS’s over priced gear.

BTW........I do support my LDS, but not with all purchases.

You asked the question.....I just gave you the answer:popcorn:Dont shoot the messenger

Back
Top Bottom