what to do with your valuables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get a small water/air tight Pelican Case (they float too), and 2 small Master (pad) locks with a Stainless Steel Keys, Write your Names on the Pelican Case put your valuables in the case, lock it, put it in your dive bag(s), attach the keys via a clip to your BCD, or put them in a BCD Pocket etc.. And Enjoy your dive...

I dunno, is this really a problem?

I mean, how long would a Dive Op stay in business if there were report of theft by divers who utilized their services?

The best case for this is an old underwater flashlight. Remove the insides, check the o-rings, stuff your goodies and you're set. Way better than the case mentioned previously.
Or just buy an OMS water tight Case, stick what ever in it, and Dive... Or just buy small zip ties, and ziptie the zippers shut, if the ties are cut.. Well then theres proof of a problem...

I know of a guy that befriended two divers one time and asked them if they wanted to go out on Lake Erie in his Zodiac to dive. They accepted his invite and went off to a wreck. During the dive the Zodiac owner seperated and went back to the Zodiac before the other two. When they surfaced he demanded money for the trip or they couldn't get back in the boat. Nice guy.
I'm thinking I would memorize his boat license number , find out where he lived and visit him one night for my receipt if you know what I mean.

We met a couple a few years ago who had recently been on a liveaboard in Southeast Asia. They were the only guests on it and the crew was, to use your words, "less than desirable." Sufficiently so that the couple, well-traveled and in their 60's, did not dare dive together. First one went out with a DM, then the other.

That's hilarious!

Did they also bring all of their gear down into their cabin between dives, hide it under their beds, slide the dresser against the door, and lock themselves in?

:rofl3:

Did they realize that if their concern was valid - which I don't - they were actually better off than if there were other passengers on the boat? Let's see...

You're on a boat in the middle of the ocean with no way on or off by anyone else. Something goes missing while you're in the water. The only other people on the boat are the crew. Gee...I wonder who took it?

To make it even more ridiculous, your friend thinks the crew looks SO UNDESIRABLE that he's worried about leaving his wallet unguarded...but his solution is to leave his WIFE with them instead?

When they surfaced he demanded money for the trip or they couldn't get back in the boat. Nice guy.

Gives new meaning to the term "one way ticket".

The boat ride out is completely free, but there's a little catch....the ride back is triple.

There is of course one problem with your story that makes it a work of fiction, intended or otherwise.

I dunno, is this really a problem?

I mean, how long would a Dive Op stay in business if there were report of theft by divers who utilized their services?

Here in NJ he wouldn't have to worry about staying in business. He'd have more important things to worry about.

Keep in mind that "Jersey Shore" wasn't the first reality show set in NJ.

sopranos.jpg

:cool2:

That's hilarious!

You're on a boat in the middle of the ocean with no way on or off by anyone else. Something goes missing while you're in the water. The only other people on the boat are the crew. Gee...I wonder who took it?

To make it even more ridiculous, your friend thinks the crew looks SO UNDESIRABLE that he's worried about leaving his wallet unguarded...but his solution is to leave his WIFE with them instead?

not to mention that by leaving his wife, he can't be sure the crew took the loot...:D

Back
Top Bottom