What to eat in between dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

<Assumption - This is a shore dive.>

Pack a regular simple picnic lunch along with plenty of water. Nothing fancy and no mayonnaise. Sweets taste particularly good during a surface interval :wink: I prefer Oatmeal cookies.

Chili with extra onions.

Once it gets cold, a cup of noodles is great between dives.

I don't like to eat those things regularly because I consider them a useless bunch of calories, but when I'm freezing between dives even a bad thermos can keep water hot enough to cook those noodles in few minutes. It keeps me warmer from the inside better than any hot beverage.

Peanut butter and honey sandwich.

the K

Hey everyone,

Today I'm going on my first 2 open water dives for my certification!! However, I'll be out from 2pm to 7pm, so I'll need to bring something to eat to keep me going. What would you guys suggest I bring to eat during our surface interval?

Thanks for the help!

Lunchables

Burger King, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Jimmy John's, KFC etc.

Eat what you normally eat unless you are watching your calories and dieting, then tell the counter person to hold the mayo and get a diet coke. :D

I'm not sure that this is anything more than a snack but it's sooo good after a cold dive ... green apple slices and hot caramel to dip them into ... mmmMMMmmmmm
Thank you Anita :)

I think it depends upon you. I personally will eat whatever is put in front of me because I get very hungry. I have eaten all manner of things between dives. On a recent trip, the operator served fish tacos between dives, and it was great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom