What to eat in between dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Between dives ... if I'm on a boat a bowl of hot soup goes down real nice. If I'm shore diving or teaching something like a Clif bar and water.

After dives ... PIZZA! ... well, really, anything hot that'll warm you up from the inside ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Nature Valley Sweet 'n Salty granola bars (I'll go to Costco & get the big box of them if I'm going out with a group - they're always a big hit), bananas, trail mix and keep well hydrated - I try to drink about a litre of water between dives.

Sausage and bacon sandwich, plenty of brown sauce

:)

Charter boats around here frequently serve chili, chicken noodle soup, or sandwiches. For a shore dive, sandwiches and water would be good for a long afternoon of checkout dives.

Eat plently of BLACK EYE BEANS and BAKED BEANS... you'll have fun yo-yo yourself underwater :p

Just kidding

Eat something simple that wont upset ur tummy like fruits, one bit of choc, plently of water.

As stated, simple foods with lots of calories.

I usually shoot for bananas, citrus fruits, sandwiches, and lots of water (get a p-valve luckydays!)

I fuel up in the morning with oatmeal and a banana or 2. If I'm going on the small dive boat, I pack a granola bar, some cheese, and another piece of fruit. A couple bottles of water tossed in, and I'm good for the day. Now, if it's shore diving, I'd eat anything like I usually do, just not so greasy. I'd opt for a huge sandwich over a greasy pizza. Dinner is always a feast. No matter what it is, they can't bring it to the table fast enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom