What to pack and expect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pax50

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was hoping to get some advice from you seasoned travellers on packing etc issues. I am going to work as a divemaster out in BVI for 8 weeks. Given that I have three connecting flights, taxi and two ferry connections and little knowledge on what my accommadation is like not sure what put together and keep myself from muling around a bunch of luggage etc. Thanks......

You'll need your dive gear, 3-4 swim trunks, 3-4 pairs of shorts, no more than 6 t-shirts since I assume you'll be wearing staff shirts at work, 2 long sleeved t-shirts, 1 sweatshirt, 1 pair of jeans, foul weather gear appropriate for warm weather, 1-2 pairs of flip flops, personal toiletry items and a towel. You can substitute a pair of khakis for the jeans and a polo or two for t-shirts if you want to look a little more put together from time to time but it's likely not necessary. If there are any things you use on a daily basis that you absolutely must have a certain brand or product, bring enough for your entire stay since item availability can be a little sketchy sometimes. Don't forget that you're not going into the deep wilderness, there are stores if you find you need to augment a little bit.

That's it, seriously. Any more will be overpacking.

Enjoy your time in the BVI!

Rachel

I was hoping to get some advice from you seasoned travellers on packing etc issues. I am going to work as a divemaster out in BVI for 8 weeks. Given that I have three connecting flights, taxi and two ferry connections and little knowledge on what my accommadation is like not sure what put together and keep myself from muling around a bunch of luggage etc. Thanks......

Where in BVI are you going to be DM'ing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom