What to take on a Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been on 4 lives boards. The last being Belize Sundancer. They provided terry robes in each room, many divers wore the robe over their swim suit to breakfast and lunch. Dress for breakfast, swim suit with a cover-up. Lunch, swim suit with a dry cover-up, dinner quick dry shorts and a t-shirt. The rest of the day you will be wet. I took 2 quick dry shorts, 3-4 t-shirt, 2 swim suits, a few quick dry undies, light weight polar fleece jacket (quick dry), and jammies. You will be barefoot the whole week,so all you need is 1 pair of sandals. Deodorant, tooth paste, comb, and scuba gear. No one put on makeup for dinner because you will be right back in the water for your night dive. We went out to dinner the last night, simple sun dress or shorts and a t- shirt are fine. Save all your weight for your scuba gear.

---------- Post added January 24th, 2014 at 07:20 PM ----------

Forgot to add: Sweatshirts won't dry if wet from salt water. That is why I recommend polar fleece. Socks to wear under your booties or fins to prevent blister. 5 dives a day is a killer on your feet.

If you have electronics, be sure to bring a power strip and plug adapters.

All of my electronic have 3 prongs (one prong is the ground) - and to my horror on one live aboard all of the outlets had only 2 holes and would not accept a grounded plug. So I couldn't plug in any of my electronics (camera, battery charger, etc).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom