What type of regulator should I buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 2 Apex tx100 and a Poseidon, and I wont buy any other brand

If I can recommend a regulator setup, it would be a Scubapro MK20 or MK25 1st Stage (they are pretty much the same. The MK 25 can have the intermediate pressure adjusted externally without a conversion kit.) This regulator setup is priced in the middle of the Scubapro regulator product range. I have the MK/20-G250HP regulator setup and it has been an excellent regulator for me. I have done quite a bit of deep diving (over 100FT), drift diving, and “cool water” diving and I have never had a problem as far as reliability (I hate to admit it, but I am not all that gentle with my equipment) or in an over breathing situation. I have dived with the top of the line Scubapro (S600/MK25) and APEKS regs, and trust me, I think that they are great, BUT, I would still prefer to come back to the G250HP setup. I would describe this regulator setup in a few words as: WORKHORSE, RELIABLE, EASY TO SERVICE, GREAT BREATHER, ROBUST (you know it’s in your mouth, it’s not a tiny regulator. Some people prefer a regulator that has something to grab onto.)

You will see quite a few people on this scuba board recommend Scubapro, APEKS, and Aqualung. All three of these companies provide some of the best scuba regulators in the business. From my own personal experience with Scubapro, I can tell you that I have nothing but praise for the Scubapro products, (Regs, BCs etc) especially the MK/20-G250HP regulator setup.

If you can, try to rent or borrow a friend’s regulator and give them a try in an actual diving situation.

I know this posting sounds like I am a sales person for the Scubapro company. I am NOT a salesperson for the company nor am I associated in any way to Scubapro. I just believe that when a company provides good products, it should be known.

smb1014 is right...ScubaPro makes an amazing reg. I have several of them with no problems. A Mk16 is a good choice too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom