What Women Want... Dork Diver Style!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJackie:
That would be cool, any Dork Divers in MO?
The people that I know who do that type of diving don't seem to be haveing alot of fun. Its like they are doing it because it sucks so that they can brag on the suck factor? I just don't get being miserable for the sake of being misserable. (cold head, cold ears, can't see, not good)
If you're ever in Ohio you're welcome to come dive with us. I have a 10x10 tent with a heater for the chilly days and we always bring a ton of food and hot chocolate fixin's. My students who certified in November stood in the heated tent watching it snow on a class that was huddled around a pick-up truck and commenting about how it didn't look like they were having as much fun as we were :rofl3:

trucker girl:
Are you talking about ScubaJackie fins? Which is what I thought when I posted this. Or about the high-heeled fins?

The fins ScubaJackie described with the smilie faces...picture time Jackie! Come on, cough them up!
Ber :lilbunny:

OH! Those fins! Now I remember- I actually meant to point that out that she's TOTALLY a dork diver if she has smiley faces on her fins!

You sure you want me to go to Tobermory with you? I might forget why I'm there...

Seriously- I always thought my mom was losing it because she'd forget everything. Now I've turned into my mom. It's really annoying. I have all these great thoughts and then- poof- they're gone.

trucker girl:
OH! Those fins! Now I remember- I actually meant to point that out that she's TOTALLY a dork diver if she has smiley faces on her fins!

You sure you want me to go to Tobermory with you? I might forget why I'm there...

Seriously- I always thought my mom was losing it because she'd forget everything. Now I've turned into my mom. It's really annoying. I have all these great thoughts and then- poof- they're gone.

LOL! We can forget together :rofl3: I have days when I can't remember how old I am :shakehead: Whenever I have a great thought I write it down because I know I won't remember it 5 minutes later LOL!

Trucker girl-- Playing cards underwater? Sounds interesting, how do the cards not melt? That might be fun.

Ber -- I have been part of the stand around in the cold group, also part of the "are you sure the car heater dosen't go up anymore cause I can't stop shivering" group. I think it is in the people you dive with, like camping in the winter, it can totaly suck or be awsome fun bonding time. Where in Ohio?

PennyPue-- I don't have a scooter (sounds way cool and way $$), but I do like to do rolls and flipper on my own, seems to bother people sometimes though like they think something is wrong. Laughing and smileing underwater is cool, how else could I have gotten so good at clearing my mask!

Everyone -- I will take some pics / find pics this weekend of my cool happy fins. I really like them, you will have to tell me what you think. I might also post the dorkyest picture of all time. But I may die of embarassment. I am a swimmer, and generally wear a latex swimcap to hold my hair back and stuff in the pool. Looks real cool with googles and all. So I tried it for diving. Not as cool. The pics can be used as blackmail!

Love and peace
scubajackie

Oh to everyone, I know I do not spell very well and sometimes use the wrong word. I will work on it, and I know its an issue so no makeing fun ok? :) :dork2:

ScubaJackie:
Trucker girl-- Playing cards underwater? Sounds interesting, how do the cards not melt? That might be fun.

Ber -- I have been part of the stand around in the cold group, also part of the "are you sure the car heater dosen't go up anymore cause I can't stop shivering" group. I think it is in the people you dive with, like camping in the winter, it can totaly suck or be awsome fun bonding time. Where in Ohio?

One of my divers last time is a California/Florida native and she had a blast in the cold. She even wanted to come out in March for the Ohio check-outs if we had them and the water is miserable in March, some of my staff won't dive in those conditions and they have drysuits LOL!
That "stand around in the cold" is for the birds. My dive buddy has the best cold weather diving set-up I've ever seen, he brings one of those big salamander heaters to heat his tent. You're so warm after about 5 minutes you're ready to go jump in the quarry to cool off.

I'm near Dayton, we usually dive at Gilboa Quarry near Findlay, OH.

ScubaJackie:
Everyone -- I will take some pics / find pics this weekend of my cool happy fins. I really like them, you will have to tell me what you think. I might also post the dorkyest picture of all time. But I may die of embarassment. I am a swimmer, and generally wear a latex swimcap to hold my hair back and stuff in the pool. Looks real cool with googles and all. So I tried it for diving. Not as cool. The pics can be used as blackmail!

Love and peace
scubajackie

Your picture can't be more embarassing than this one of me.

ScubaJackie:
Oh to everyone, I know I do not spell very well and sometimes use the wrong word. I will work on it, and I know its an issue so no makeing fun ok? :) :dork2:

Dork dyvirs arnt aboot mayking fun of othrs we lyke haveing fun WYTH uthers :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom