What's a AMF Voit Polaris 50 V22 regulator worth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently was given an AMF Voit Polaris 50 V22 regulator. I know this was made in either 1962 or 1963. It is in perfect condition and still works. The hoses and mouth piece are still in great condition as well. I was wondering if anyone knows how much something like this is worth, or if anyone can give me any other information about this regulator. Any info is appreciated.

They are very nice regulators. They are very close internally to the USD mistral. Also it was used in Thunderball. As far as worth goes. They are only worth what people are willing to pay. I paid 375.00 for mine.

Post photos of the top and bottom of the cns and the mouth piece. Then we can give you a better idea. One thing, is it a blue paint or a chrome finish?

The reg is most likely a up stream very simular to the USD Mistral, but some of them have a down stream design that can be more collectable.

I thought the 50 Fathoms (VCR2) came in Blue and chrome and the Polaris (V22)
was chrome only. Am I missing something?

It should be a chrome reg. I have a Voit 50 Fathom. It came in the blue paint. I like it cause it matches my eyes. FWIW I paid ten bucks for mine (in 1967).

A lot of the double hose regs were commanding pretty high prices, Some mint regs going well over 700 bucks but that bubble has burst pretty much. Must be the economy. Folks were paying a lot for creamy regs. Now with the availibility of new replacement parts you can get a fixer upper and make it better than new.

You may want to check out Vintage Double Hose for parts and service.
If you get it overhauled I would dive it as they are a lot of fun.

if you want to sell it I will give you ten bucks for yours !

0817091406.jpg

Here are some of my voits. the second one from the right is a Polaris.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom