whats a good non spilt fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

after reading a lot of threads on fins before deciding which to buy i saw that a LOT of people choose the scubapro jet fins.

i decided to give them a try and ordered a pair.
took them on a dive trip and they performed very well.

i'm happy with them and feel that i will not need a new pair of fins for a long, long, time.

now i just have to find a way to get some spring straps in my country! i have no idea which size to pick...

I wear Dacor Tigers, a hinged fin, but I wouldn't recommend them for a novice diver. They give great propulsion, but are difficult to snorkel with, and you want your first set of equipment to be versatile.

wildmtn:
Twin jets is split fins. I am looking for split fins for myself too, I am leaning toward to Apollo Bio fins, here is the link about it: http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=BioFins

What I have heard about it - it is the best all around.

Good luck!

I would recommend the Atomic Aquatics split-fin.. I spent about 4 months trying out every split fin I could find to demo. The Atomic splits were the best overall in my opinion, with the Oceanic V12's coming in second.. They are the two "most rigid" brand of splits that I've found.. Many fins had a real "loose/sloppy" feel to the propulsion. The Atomics also have the nicest buckle release mechanism that I've seen.. 4 out of 5 people that I've swapped fins with for a dive, have gone on to purchase the Atomics.. I guess this thread is kind of heading off-topic since the originator was asking about non-splits...

I like the jets.
Last week one of my buddies asked if we could swap fins for a dive (he had appollo splits) and the feeling was just way to weird.The thrust that I was used to wasn't there and I actually got semi stress trying to learn how to efficiently kick them. Our shore dives are usually require a bit of kicking to get to.

The envelope, please . . .
And the thread was . . . "whats a good non spilt fin"

I thought "good non split fin" was an oxymoron... much like
Jumbo Shrimp, Military Intelligence, Reef Gloves, and Rap Music. :crafty:

I find the biggest differance between a split fin and a non split fin is what part of your legs are the most developed. If you've got strong calves, split fins are good cause you generally do a lot of repetitious small kicks. If, however, you have very strong thighs(like myself) the non splits are more comfortable cause you can kick with your whole leg. I find it more tiring to a lot of little kicks than a slow big kicks. ANyways, aside from that, my fave fins are the Mares Volofins. THere's a newer type out, the volofin powers or soemthing, that are supposedly even better, but the volofins definitely do the job, and I've always been able to outrun any of my twin-jet equipped buddies in em.

Nate

Back
Top Bottom