What's going at Blue Angel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't worry about anything in regards to staying at El Cid if BA is still having electrical problems. Things went fairly smooth last week when the electricity went down. Divers were picked up on time from El Cid and their equipment was set up already on the boat. They are doing everything they can to make everyone happy. :D

I wouldn't worry about anything in regards to staying at El Cid if BA is still having electrical problems. Things went fairly smooth last week when the electricity went down. Divers were picked up on time from El Cid and their equipment was set up already on the boat. They are doing everything they can to make everyone happy. :D

They are a great company and I expect the same.. Everyone I saw at BA eating, diving, talking were extremely happy!

we used to stay at La Ceiba before moving to Blue Angel (Caribe Blu at the time). It is a beautiful property, very recently renovated, the staff were all very good from front desk, maids, bar/restaurant(s), I would imagine most of the staff we knew are still around.

the building was designed by the same man who designed BA, Javier, the older gentleman who lives across the street from BA.

You can tell that Blue Angel is kind of a "little brother" to the 12 story La Ceiba tower, with similar structural support systems, using the walls between the rooms as the support to hold up the building, rather than having true columns through the building.

We had the special "welcome back all inclusive package" and she said they would transfer that to El Cid ( I will not stay at Villablanca) I asked her to contact me by Tuesday to let me know the status. So we'll see

Wondering how it's going--you must be there by now. We used to stay at El Cid/La Ceiba years ago (it was nice then and looks even nicer now) but moved to Blue Angel because we didn't being so close to the cruise ships. We've really enjoyed staying at the Blue Angel for the past few years, but based on our August trip when we took the "Welcome Back" meal deal, I think you're probably getting the long end of the stick at El Cid, at least when it comes to eating. We found the BA WB menu to be really, really limited and monotonous, with chicken wings and chili dogs (neither of which I eat) occupying two of the four lunch choices for 5 days straight (hope they've refined the options since then). The regular menu was fine, as usual, and the Blue Angel is still a nice place to eat, with some great staff. Hope you're having a great time.

We opted out of our reservation. They gave us full refund. We had heard the same about the menu being very limited. They said we would stay at El CID and taxi back and forth to BA for meals. Seemed too much of a hassle. We are staying at suites Bahia and diving with Tres Pelicanos. Leaving tonight

I spoke with some guests today that were staying at El Cid and also had a room at BA. They were storing their gear and whatever else they wanted to do with the room at BA. The restaurant seems to be operating as usual as is the dive shop. Have not been able to get an answer as to when the power will be back. Someone asked about Chiquimax and I noticed there was a boat taking divers out today named Chiquimax.

Last edited:
I spoke with some guests today that were staying at El Cid and also had a room at BA. They were storing their gear and whatever else they wanted to do with the room at BA. The restaurant seems to be operating as usual as is the dive shop. Have not been able to get an answer as to when the power will be back. Someone asked about Chiquimax and I noticed there was a boat taking divers out today named Chiquimax.
Good deal, the Chiquimax is their best boat, I am glad to see it is back on the water. I hope they get the power sorted out and be back up to full operation.

Spoke with Martin tonight before a night shore dive, which I love doing there. He says if all goes well the power should be back Friday, but more likely Monday. If I were booked there and had to stay at El Cid for 2-3 days and still get all the perks of the BA packages I would keep my arrangements and not go with another op. Everything else is good to go there. They had 4-5 divers on a boat night dive, 4 divers on their afternoon trip and divers on their morning trips... business as usual!

Reactions: JFS
When I left on Saturday the power was still off. Anyone down there this week and have any updates? I am going to head back down when they offer their unbeatable dive, stay and eat plan again.

Back
Top Bottom