Question What’s going on with Deep 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Doctor Rig

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Several years ago, Deep 6, had a strong presence and brand support on SB. I’ve got one of their regs and other products, which I’m still very happy with. In 2020, Deep 6 withdrew active participation within SB and since then I’ve seen far fewer communications and product promotions from Deep 6.

Does anyone know what is going on with Deep 6? Just wondering.

Solution
Hey folks, Chris here.

To clear up a couple things.

I am still a shareholder at Deep 6, that isn't changing. In another few weeks my family and I are headed off to travel and do some adventures. My daughter is 15 and we have decided it's time. We will be diving, doing some school (kid and me, I have a couple classes and a MBA thesis to write), and generally doing a sabbatical.

So, I won't be involved in the day to day stuff. I will still do shareholder meetings, input in strategic direction, and the most fun for me, product development. But, yeah, I will not be a Deep 6 shareholder AND employee, just shareholder.

Regarding why we have been posting less in SB, which is something that has always been important to me. About 3 years...
im not trying to stir anything up just trying to get some responses so i know the product i buy has support that's all, not trying to bash many people have said lots of good things about deep 6 regs
Not a problem. I talk to Landon often as Deep 6 is one of the sponsors for my underwater archaeology projects in Greece. I'm just letting him know.

Thanks @wetb4igetinthewater.

Hi @Scuba_steve21, I found two emails that were both replied to in our ticket system that may potentially be you (not a person named Steve though)?

The most recent email was received at 5/26/22 at 7:00AM and it appears Bert replied 5/26/22 7:12AM. The first email shows a few messages back and forth between 3/22 and 3/23.

The date/time stamps above may help you searching your mail folders to see if you got it. Unfortunately it seems our replies sometimes end up in the Spam folder.

I will send a DM to you here as well to see if I can help getting this sorted.

Cheers,
Landon

Folks, I use deep 6 almost exclusively when I dive. I was one of the first to be certified to teach folks to rebuild their gear and I have nothing but good reports on their regs, bc’s boots and fins. (Those are the items I personally use).

Politics of SB aside, Chris is a friend, he markets really good gear and he’s the only one in the whole damn market that thinks that YOU are capable of maintaining your own gear.

That alone gets him my support. That and he’s marketing some REALLY good gear.

So to be a little blunt here since we have @LandonL back on here.

I have done some business with you guys and have found it pleasant and with good costumer service.

My concern with regs is that you will be bought by a bigger company (what happened with zeagle) and the parts which you graciously allow end users to get and easily do self service will go away. What is an honest answer to this concern.

So to be a little blunt here since we have @LandonL back on here.

I have done some business with you guys and have found it pleasant and with good costumer service.

My concern with regs is that you will be bought by a bigger company (what happened with zeagle) and the parts which you graciously allow end users to get and easily do self service will go away. What is an honest answer to this concern.

That's an interesting question though. It's valid. If we're all supposed to buy into a company we should be able to ask "what if", especially a company that's still in it's earlier years.

I love Deep 6, I have a lot of their products. I've never had an issue with customer service. I took the class, I rebuild my own regs. They've been nothing but stellar in a market that really doesn't cater to the end user as much as we would all like, but they do.

TC:
Politics of SB aside, Chris is a friend, he markets really good gear and he’s the only one in the whole damn market that thinks that YOU are capable of maintaining your own gear.

That alone gets him my support.

You mean, besides HOG.

You mean, besides HOG.

As far as I know the HOG manuals are not posted publicly for anyone to download. D6 does that. Not saying you can't find them, just that they're a little harder to get (again, as far as I know). D6 posts them directly on their website. Couldn't be any more supportive than that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom