What's in your scuba "go bag"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Solid shampoos and conditioners - if you are in the U.S. the easiest option is probably Lush
Shampoo Bars | LUSH
I like the Karma Kombo bar but I haven't tried their conditioner.
My favourite is Ethique (also known as Sorbet) but they are a NZ company and might be a bit costly to get sent to the U.S. Hair - Ethique
There are also a lot of 'craft' cosmetics makers on Etsy that make solid shampoo and conditioner bars. Be careful with these that they aren't just soap. Sodium Hydroxide in the ingredients or comments about a vinegar rinse are a dead giveaway that they are a soap and aren't a properly formulated shampoo. But there are lots of ones that are well formulated too.
It takes a little bit of getting used to using a solid shampoo and conditioner but they are great once you do. A bar lasts a long time. Lush say that one bar is about equivalent to three bottles of shampoo - I definitely agree.

Electrolyte sachets - might be easier for you to get tablets. They come in a little tube. I quite like the Hammer Endurolytes but there are other options too like NUUN, GU or Camelbak.

Hope this helps!

If I have to be super minimalist, these are my non negotiable items:

- Dr. Bronners liquid soap (for face, body, even mouthwash)
- Avene water mist (to replace toner & moisturizer)
- Sunblock
- Baby shampoo travel size (for cleaning my mask)
- Hair/Vitamin E oil in capsules
- Sunglasses

I dive in tropical climate and stay mostly in hotels that have basic amenities.

Back
Top Bottom