What's the benefit of American Air's Business Class Now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Domestic first class with AA is still doing beverage service. I've never had an issue getting a drink on the longer flights (flights to/from IAH, DFW, CLT and BOS) and on the shorter flights it seems hit or miss (CRP to DFW). It seems rarer that I'm offered a pre-flight drink in the past year. I've been flying American every three weeks including at the beginning of the pandemic (critical infrastructure worker) with a mix of first and coach tickets.
I flew Domestic AA first class in June 2020 and they were doing full meals for first class still. Although the same stewardess that served us a hot meal and drinks gave us a hard time for removing our masks to actually eat it. I guess it was just for looking at.

Biggest advantage for me is rebooking status. I've been on flights that were canceled and had to be rescheduled. Biz class got precedence on next flights. Saved me once in Aruba. I was rebooked on flight on the next day; My buddies had to scramble to get flights 3 days later. One time, after a BA flight was canceled at JFK due to 'equipment problems', it got me a free upgrade on the Concorde. I've never seen a downside to Biz or 1st class. Except for these pesky upgrade $ but if you fly enough that problem goes away too.

Seems like you had already made up your mind when you started the thread
No, I was hoping someone would give me previously unrealized reasons.

I just like the sense of superiority it gives me.
LOL

*Moving to the head of the line, or getting the short line.
I've had more than a few instances of skipping lines that were HUGE. It's almost embarassing sometimes to walk past people who have been and will be there for a long time. Even when the lines are normal, it's still nice to get priority.

*Moving to the head of the line, or getting the short line.
I've had more than a few instances of skipping lines that were HUGE. It's almost embarassing sometimes to walk past people who have been and will be there for a long time. Even when the lines are normal, it's still nice to get priority.

I used to do that when my daughter was a baby. I'll admit. I probably made her cry more than once to get past the security and boarding lines. No one likes a crying baby.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom