Whats the best area in Roatan to rent a large house for a group? (Mid March)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have two houses right on the beach about 100 yards apart but they're on utila. beautiful reef right in front for snorkeling and dive boats will pick you up and drop you off right from our dock. very private, no road. the pineapple house is a four bedroom/three bath and the coral house is a three bedroom/three bath. its a 10 minute walk up the beach to the nearest restaurant and bar at utopia resort or a 5 minute boat ride to a couple of local style places on the cays. go to Utila Vacation Rental - VRBO 430429 - 3 BR Bay Islands House in Honduras, The Coral House, a Beautiful Beach Front Home on Treasure Beach and Utila Vacation Rental - VRBO 245992 - 4 BR Bay Islands House in Honduras, The Pineapple House - New Luxury Home on Treasure Beach if you want more info.

and there's a video of the houses, beach and surroundings here UTILA, TREASURE BEACH, UTILA CAYS AND DIVING - YouTube

Cool. I kinda like less developed caribbean areas. Would you say it's less developed than Tobago? Or have you been there yet?

The only issue with Tobago is we def did not feel safe, same with Trinidad, that was one of the scariest places we have been.

As for poor coastal towns, that makes me think about Sayulita Mexico. Which is one of our favorite places to be. Along with Tulum Mexico.

I haven't been to Tobago yet - we plan to though. (who wouldn't want to see the worlds largest brain coral...:D) A friend travels constantly to very remote locations - works for an oil co. - he said the same thing about Trinidad. Probably didn't help that his room was tossed there one morning while he was out.

trinidad and tobago are scary, the poverty is shocking. its the only place i've ever seen people climbing into the garbage trucks leaving the cruise ship terminal to eat the food slop.

Back
Top Bottom