What's the best IDC in the Caribbean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Utila I did not stay at the Mango Inn. Andy recommended the Lighthouse based on my wants in lodging. The Mango is a very nice place and I would stay in a heart beat. Most of the UDC students did not stay at the Mango, but found cheaper fare or shared with other students. Therevwrte plenty of other lodging options when I did my DM at UDC two years ago.

I also recommend Barefoot Divers IDC. Barefoot Divers Roatan | PADI 5 Star IDC Resort | Roatan | Bay Islands

Course Director Gary Miller takes a great personal interest in making you a great instructor, NOT someone that can just pass the Instructor Examination. By the time he is finished with you you will be VERY prepared! As Iztok mentioned, they provide lodging in West End and transport you via shuttle to the Barefoot Resort each day. During the IDC lunch is provided each day too!

I just recently did my IDC at GoProCozumel which is run by Mike. Obviously they are in Cozumel and I felt it was a really organized program. Feel free to PM me for details. Lodging is included in the program as well as lunch on study days. It was cheaper to do it through GoProCozumel (which included O2Instructor, EA Instructor and FA Instructor) than doing it locally in Seattle.
Shell

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom