Whats the best way to get around Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So maybe we were ALL wrong!

Nice work! When we were looking into this, we looked up the 2011 Traffic Law. But then I was told by an RCIPS Constable there was a newer version of the code out there, but I was unable to find it online. What Inspector can Yearwood told you seems consistent with what I was told, in that those provisions were removed. Good to know.

Soon come, I guess. :wink:
Yep. Welcome to island time!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    83 bytes · Views: 202
So now the confusion continues... I figured I would go straight to the source - Inspector Ian Yearwood who is in charge of the Traffic & Roads Policing Unit of the RCIPS and got this answer back:

Please note that the visitors permit under the Traffic Law of the Cayman Islands no longer exist.

For countries that do not fall under the Geneva Convention you are permitted to drive in the class vehicle from your country for a period of one (1) month

For countries that do fall under the Geneva Convention you are permitted to drive in the class vehicle from your country for a period of six (6) months.

The Royal Cayman Islands Police has therefore to comply with this law.

So maybe we were ALL wrong!

I have messaged caymanresident.com to get them to independently verify and make changes to their page - I note that the DMV page also hasn't been updated to reflect this. Soon come, I guess. :wink:

Cayman News Service is reporting the same thing...

Do visitors still need to get temporary driving permits?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom