What's the most idiotic thing you've have witnessed divers doing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArthurGerla:
Well, I've walked into the water without closing the zip on my drysuit. That's one mistake you don't make twice. :errrr:
I did it for the second time last Saturday. Aughhh!!

I was working underwater in Mexico two years ago. The Guys on the crew wanted to dive my Hard Hat and hose. I only let Certifyed divers use the equipment when I am there to supervise them.
One Guy got into the gear and decided that the weights I was using was too much for Him, mind You that ALL the gear was mine...Drysuit and undergarmet. The Guy was smaller than I but insisted that I had too much weight.
I figured He was too light but, that would not be an issue if He didn't get down. He streched the hose out about 50' and tried to desend. After a few minutes I asked Him how deep He was.........His answer (using the computer) was that He was at 65ft.
The humorus Part was His fins and Knees were still out of the water, only His body and head was under water! I had the radio turned up so all 25 guys in the crew heard His reply! We pulled Him in and added the required weight. I only allowed Him 25' deep with Me beside Him in SCUBA.
We all had fun at lunch because We had Him on Video! Bill

Saw a guy do a giant stride off the boat with his snorkel in his mouth. I counted out the long 5 seconds before he resurfaced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom