What's the smallest portable gas powered compressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless it's significantly smaller, not really worth it, considering I already have the Nuvair/Coltri. Actually just took a look, and it's pretty much the same size. About 2" shorter then the Nuvair, but that's really just the length of the base.

Just removing the cage on the compact made it a lot lighter, and smaller.

The big advantage of a Rix is they don't fart out an oily emulsion every time you open the water trap....just clean water. Another plus for the Rix is you don't need filters if you use Al tanks...no oil, no CO. I wouldn't recommend using steel tanks without a desiccant filter.
It has a Robin gas engine with a Johnson/Evenrude quick disconnect so you can use your outboard gas tank (4 stroke) for convenience.
I have a SA6 that I have used on a friends 42' Valiant.....had to keep it on deck in front of the dodger as it didn't fit in a cockpit locker, and, as it weighed over 100lbs there was no way we were going lug it up and down the companion way hatch.
Rix also make a SA3.....probably about the same siz and weight as a Bauer Jn.

Sounds like a really nice unit and oil-less is nice, but...
With epoxy, gel coat, bottom paint, etc., I'm not too concerned about that oily emulsion
My outboard is a 2 stroke
I saw even a rebuild selling for $4k, good luck fining a used one.

Plus I already own the Nuvair. I'd have to sell it, and then depending on what I get, drop another $1-2k on the RIX. Money better spent on paying down the loan on the boat. If I didn't already have the 3.5G, I'd seriously take a look at the SA3, though.

Bauer Junior II. Awsome little machine you won't be wasting your money with Bauer.

Cheers:wink:

Heard nothing but good things about Bauer, but the Junior II is WAY bigger then the 3.5G. Much too big to fit on a 34' boat. Even their Oceanus model is a lot bigger, at least when you're thinking in terms of cramming it somewhere aboard a boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom