What's wrong with the OMS dual bladder 100#'s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gdive:
Mmm? Well I am not sure this will convince you but the OMS web site lists BC118-K as a Dual Bladder BC with 94#s of lift. I would ASSUME (I know I am setting myself up with that) that it is saying both bladders fully inflated will produce lift of 94#s. If you are correct that 2-94# bladders are included it would have to inflate to twice the size of the single bladder, 94# wing. Don't think that this happens. Mine seems to inflate to the same size as the single bladder.

As you pointed out in your discussion on redundancy, the objective of a dual bladder wing is not to inflate both bladders at the same time, it is to have a second bladder to use only if the primary bladder fails. Put another way, the Wing is designed to provide 94# of lift whether the primary or the secondary bladder is used.

If you inflate both bladders to the capacity of the outer shell, you are only inflating each bladder 1/2 way (or to whatever proportion the difference in inflator performance allows) A simple test would be to inflate both bladders until the OPV pops, deflate one of the bladders & see a). how much the wing shrinks and b). if you can inflate the one with air still in it more.

I have sent OMS an email to clarify this point.

EXCELLENT point. Let me know what OMS says - guess that $5 is still up for grabs:). I'm heading to the lake!

trob09:
As you pointed out in your discussion on redundancy, the objective of a dual bladder wing is not to inflate both bladders at the same time, it is to have a second bladder to use only if the primary bladder fails. Put another way, the Wing is designed to provide 94# of lift whether the primary or the secondary bladder is used.

If you inflate both bladders to the capacity of the outer shell, you are only inflating each bladder 1/2 way (or to whatever proportion the difference in inflator performance allows) A simple test would be to inflate both bladders until the OPV pops, deflate one of the bladders & see a). how much the wing shrinks and b). if you can inflate the one with air still in it more.

I have sent OMS an email to clarify this point.

gdive:
EXCELLENT point. Let me know what OMS says - guess that $5 is still up for grabs:). I'm heading to the lake!

Enjoy. I'll put the $5 in Escrow.

OK! One last one. Confirmed, dual 94# contains 2-bladders providing 94# of lift each. DOH! I will sulk off in shame to the lake. Oh yeah I am going diving so woohoo!

trob09:
Enjoy. I'll put the $5 in Escrow.

gdive:
OK! One last one. Confirmed, dual 94# contains 2-bladders providing 94# of lift each. DOH! I will sulk off in shame to the lake. Oh yeah I am going diving so woohoo!

Enjoy your dives! I'll use that $5 to have a drink on your behalf.

Tim

Well anyway you slice it, I sold mine to a guy in Ireland off Ebay. I'm gonna pick up a DR Classic instead to do my cave training in.

KidK9:
Well anyway you slice it, I sold mine to a guy in Ireland off Ebay. I'm gonna pick up a DR Classic instead to do my cave training in.
The DR classic is a fine wing. Just get rid of the pull-dump on the inflator hose...

KidK9:
Yeah, I've got that on order as well.

Excellent. Where are you in Ohio. I grew up in NE Ohio and went to school in Cincinnati. Of course, that was several decades ago...

Whoa! Originally from the nati. Where did you go to high school? I went to Fairfield for high school, but then did my under graduate and post graduate work at Ohio State.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom