What's WRONG with *this* picture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

superstar:
I did not see his dive buddy. The location of his mask and octo is his own personal preference unless he is attempting to dir.
Actually that's not an accurate statement ... he is violating the standards by which all major agencies teach. And there is a reason why they all teach a standardized location for the octopus. It's predicated on the concept of predictable behavior. If you are in need of air, the very last thing you need is to be fumbling around someone's rig looking for an air source ... you should know how to get to it.

Furthermore, from the looks of that setup, it's not deployable. Now, if he's diving solo I don't suppose that's a problem. But even then it might be.

I personally knew a young man who died while diving solo a couple years ago because the second stage on his pony bottle was stowed in such a way as to be undeployable. He didn't know that ... until he needed it.

.... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Actually that's not an accurate statement ... he is violating the standards by which all major agencies teach. And there is a reason why they all teach a standardized location for the octopus. It's predicated on the concept of predictable behavior. If you are in need of air, the very last thing you need is to be fumbling around someone's rig looking for an air source ... you should know how to get to it.

Positioning is one thing... securing it with zip ties is something completely different. It LOOKS like I wouldn't be able to detach his octo without some sort of cutting tool.

Where's his mask?? does he have super fish eyes?

Blackwood:
Positioning is one thing... securing it with zip ties is something completely different. It LOOKS like I wouldn't be able to detach his octo without some sort of cutting tool.

thats the idea... this way it wont come loose and he will always know where it is at.... pshhh to being able to actually use it :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom