What's your dive accessory pet peeve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tank Bangers are COOL! At least the plastic balls on bungie are. They make great "Clackers", you know the toy that was banned years ago. Dang I loved those weapons.. errr, I mean toys.

I have to go with underwater noise makers. I was on a charter this weekend, and all you heard for an hour was the sound of quackers. It just spoils the dive for everyone.

I really don't care for plastic anything. Its a good material when you know what the load is going to be and can plan for it. The problem with diving is between the mother nature, the ocean, salt water and my natural klutzy nature, things get abused and break, usually at the worst possible time.

Consoles.

---------- Post Merged at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:38 PM ----------

I have to go with underwater noise makers. I was on a charter this weekend, and all you heard for an hour was the sound of quackers. It just spoils the dive for everyone.
Those are the "quacker" fish. Lol.

Tank Bangers are COOL! At least the plastic balls on bungie are. They make great "Clackers", you know the toy that was banned years ago. Dang I loved those weapons.. errr, I mean toys.

I do remember those! I had a set of clear ones that looked like crystal. When they developed a small crack I should have tossed them. But you know kids. When they went the shrapnel went everywhere. Kids today should have toys like that. But noooooo, too pampered and.coddled.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

agree with above, and I'll add: "regular" sized dive slate pencils just simply suck with cold water gloves.....

I'll dare and add snorkel to the list, still use it, but just annoys the hell out of me when not. And wetsuit pull straps too, but again a sort of a necessary evil. And what about the accessories that don't exist but wish you had, for me I would like a pocket or holder on my waist strap to put but SPG in instead of having to tuck it under (maybe I just haven't found it yet).

Biggest peeve about dive accessories, the inflated cost associated with any and all because it's a dive item. Needed a holder for my dive computer, about $20. Machined one out of a pvc valve flange for about $2 and 20 minutes of effort. It's a hell of alot tougher and gives more protection to the face. Also added a few different length straps for varying thicknesses of wet or dry suits. Dive ladder $350 for a 6' Aluminum. Made one from a used 6' fiberglass ladder I had. 1 hour later done and installed. Works great and has large steps for ease of boarding in either wetsuit or drysuit. Also adapts to either of my pontoon boats. I'll use my money for tanks or regs instead.

isn't that already called a "D-ring" and a "bolt snap"?:cool2:

Ummm no, I don't want it fixed to anything, if so I would have put it on a retractor. If it got caught on something I'd like it to be able to pull free. Also not a big fan of bolt snaps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom