What's your dive accessory pet peeve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any of the horrendous garbage sold to divers as being indispensable, but actually worthless plastic trash. Most of the contents of dive shop shelves...

+1 most crap sold to divers absolutely not necessary.

I HATE snorkels, I have not dive with one in years.
Retractors, they just junk up my space and accomplish nothing that a bolt snap can more efficiently.

I have to agree with snorkels, I only take mine when there is a planned surface kick.

Ummm no, I don't want it fixed to anything, if so I would have put it on a retractor. If it got caught on something I'd like it to be able to pull free. Also not a big fan of bolt snaps.

What's wrong with bolt snaps? Tie em on with cave line and clip off. If it does get caught a quick stroke with a zip knife or small knife and you are free. Some will even use an oring to tie it to the snap. A good yank will free it.
Even worse are shops that sell non locking carabiners to divers for clipping things off. Otherwise known as suicide clips. I've made a couple students that I did not train initially get rid of them or not use them in my classes.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

not an accessory but still annoying . . .

'Elitist your gear sucks mine is the best divers'

+1 octo holders

do "insta-buddies" count as accessories?

by definition: accessories: "present in minor amount and not essential as a constituent...."

:D

Big heavy flashlights clipped to shoulder strap D-rings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom