What's your favorite dive related movie??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would rate "The Abyss" as my all-time best dive movie (except for the crappy ending).

My current favorite is a documentary collection (5 DVD set) called, "The Blue Planet: Seas of Life". Though not muc diving scenes, the bonus features do show the cameramen diving just to catch footage. A must see, IMHO, for any scuba diving enthusiast.

I have not seen "Men of Honor". This I must watch. "Jaws" was amazing but if I watch it again now, I might notice that rather 'fake-y' looking man-munching shark. Don't get me wrong, the effects were fantastic when it came out the first time and a few years after it was released. There was a movie about an Orca going berzerk. I believe it was titled, "Orca". I can't remember if there were any diving scenes though :).

bisugo, In case you haven't read this whole thread: Make sure you find an "extended version" (28 min.) copy of the Abyss. (Director's cut). The ending makes sense! They took the whole reason for everything out for the theatrical release because the studio was giving
the director (James Cameron) grief over the budget so he "cut his losses".

Into the blue, Blue planet series is really great( it's about the oceans but not about diving) The cave

Yes the breathing liquid does exist. In the movie, they actually "drown" the lab rat in the liquid. Its for real. They also use this "liquid breathing" in severe burn patients, and premature babies. Anyway, some of my favorite dive movies would be ,Men of Honor, The Deep, Into the Blue and Jaws.

The Incredible Mr. Limpet .... naaah, just kidding

Thunderball first turned me on to diving. It just took me 30+ years to do it. One thrill, though not much to look at, was diving where they filmed it in Nassau.

Gotta give consideration for Into The Blue strictly for Ms. Alba.

Into the Blue is a feast for the eyes... but nobody watched that for the underwater scenes, eh?

I looooooove The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. It's either an hommage to Jacques-Yves Cousteau or a parody. Or both. Like the first poster said: it's got everything :)

I got the Planet Earth / Blue Planet 10-disc box set. AMAZING!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom