What's your personal scuba-related curse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tormentos on Cozumel.
One year I had some deco on the dive because I went down to take a picture of a seahorse with a shorter NDL than I normally would like remaining and got bomb by another diver from another group. Knocked the mask off my face and camera out of my hands.
The following year, same site, same dive guide. Gives briefing and looks at me; "no deco"
"Roger that" Not as much as the year before but there was some.
The following year, same site, same guide. "You sitting this one out?" "Nope, but I promise no deco"
During the safety stop he asks how much time remaining on stop. I signal, deco 10, I only had 1 minute left.
Oh if looks could kill.

Saying that I'm done buying xyz ......

At least now it's because someone bought the previous one from me ...

_R

Whenever my group of buddies makes a weekend run to dive the great lakes and a certain diver comes along we can count on getting blown off one of the two days.

Hands down. Spiegel Grove. We have tried 3 times to dive this wreck and for one reason or another we haven't been able to dive the wreck.

Going below 100 feet.
Guaranteed to make someone in the group have a technical fault or have to turn the dive early due to air remaining. At least its usually always a buddy and not myself.

The Northerner wreck off of Port Washington (Lake Michigan). I've been blown off by weather, tore 2 of 3 drysuit seals gearing up, last time I dropped my scuba unit (100 cf hp steel tank) on my toe and broke it. The toe not the gear!
I did get one good dive on it last year but the ratio hasn't been good and it's a long drive to get there.

Cortez Bank, off SoCal, during lobster season. Tried numerous times but the weather has never cooperated at the time of my trips.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom