What's your vision?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree. He does great videos.

Yeah, the Italians put out some cool videos too.

Never knew that about JeffG ;-)

Yeah, the Italians put out some cool videos too.

Cool video! :)

In response to OP
I say if their interested and willing to dedicate the time and effort (plus put up with a little friendly ridicule once in a while) to be properly trained, then I'll help in any way possible.

Otherwise screw 'em
I've good buddies that are willing to put up with everything it takes.
Nobody nurse maided us to where we are now and we are probably better divers for it.
Sometimes you have to fail (and have everyone laugh and make jokes) to succeed.
It's all part of the process.
Right RIG!

By the way great videos.(gotta meet this Woofer guy seems like our kinda guy)

Milo

I would love to do the stuff that the DIR Italian guys are diving. Thanks for the link to that video.

Cool video! :)

By the way great videos.

You're welcome :)

For me, the videos provide visual reinforcement of the "utility" of the system. That is, providing a framework and set of enabling tools to get the job done ... including the tough(er) ones.

Brian, I agree ... the wreck diving off Italy looks phenomenal. I'd love to do those dives someday too.

Here's a couple more cool clips that the Sydney crew recently posted on Quest. Enjoy :)

It's all part of the process.
Right RIG!

Yeah whatever
rolleyes008.gif
:wink:

Just curious . . . What's your vision of the utility of DIR diving? Is this something that should be the province of an elite few, or a philosophy that "ordinary divers" should be encouraged to take up? Should we be doing everything we can to encourage new divers and make the path to DIR easy for them, or should this be the province of those with the perserverence and intelligence to figure out how to get their on their own?

Just asking to get a reference point for where most people "in the fold" are coming from.

I think it should be the province of anyone who wants to improve their diving in a way that would enrichen their diving experience! I'd like to see these divers have easier access to the knowledge and the experience.

For the "ordinary" diver? I think anyone who would invest the time, money and effort would not be ordinary, they would be extra-ordinary.

Perhaps I didn't quite understand the point of this post. Could we please re-baseline. OP :huh:

I was disturbed at the lack of a friendly reception to people who post about being interested in DIR, or excited about their first exposure to it. I actually wanted to see how the different people who post in these forums regularly view the system -- As something to encourage people to adopt, or as something which should be reserved for those who have somehow "paid their dues". I think I got some answers.

I think I got some answers.

What did you learn ?

That quite a few people view the system as something you have to pay your dues to be part of.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom