When does a project end?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My head is full of wtf right now...

Ok...but where does the WTF end?

OP, there is a difference between WKP and WKPP, just like there is a difference between Internet research and experience. Florida has a lot to offer and the caves can be challenging. I don't see the point in slamming people for enjoying exploring virgin caves in Florida when you haven't gotten very much experience. Reaching the EOL isn't hard at all in most caves. For example, one cave system I was assisting laying line and mapping ended after about 100'. A cave on Ginnie property ends after 160'. It's great to be a thinking diver but it's not smart to tell someone with access to tons of awesome cave that he needs to get out more :wink:

I think what the OP needs is to engage Wormil in a battle of wits. :)

Ok...but where does the WTF end?

OP, there is a difference between WKP and WKPP, just like there is a difference between Internet research and experience. Florida has a lot to offer and the caves can be challenging. I don't see the point in slamming people for enjoying exploring virgin caves in Florida when you haven't gotten very much experience. Reaching the EOL isn't hard at all in most caves. For example, one cave system I was assisting laying line and mapping ended after about 100'. A cave on Ginnie property ends after 160'. It's great to be a thinking diver but it's not smart to tell someone with access to tons of awesome cave that he needs to get out more :wink:

I think what the OP needs is to engage Wormil in a battle of wits. :)
Not sure I agree there. Ever tried to get to EOL Ginnie, Jackson Blue, Morgan, Madison, Manatee, Bozell, Alachua, Hole in the wall, Twin, Rock Bluff, Eagles Nest, Line Eater, Suwanacooche(sp?), Cathedral, etc? It's quite the chore!

I didn't call you DIR. Where'd you guys learn how to read. I heard you were part of WKPP now in another post and thought it was funny(paradox humorous). I DO read other posts for research. I prefer sidemount which contradicts DIR mentality. I don't believe there is only one right way. I am not a fan of DIR. Read the earlier post here.
He had dinner and a beer with a few of the WKPP guys, not joining.

Good point, but it's still easy in a lot of systems. I guess what I should have said is, "it's not that hard to reach the end of a line in a cave." Basically, having reached an EOL doesn't make you ready to explore.

I get the planning involved. I enjoy exercising my mind, but I am not looking to make a career out of cave diving. I have a career already. I dive to enjoy the visual experience. I have limited time outside of work to enjoy diving and get more bang per foot of cave in Mexico. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of cave I still want to see in Florida too. In fact, there's a whole lot of cave to see before I start pushing someone's line or diving muddy rivers looking for virgin cave.

Maybe you should go back and reread your earlier posts. You are really contradicting yourself now. And if you only have limited time for diving outside of work a project isn't really feasible for you. Projects require commitment and sometimes sacrifices. If you're just asking out of curiosity then okay, but you'll get better responses if you reveal more information. I know of projects that are open to all without invitation. Just provide the data. And I know of projects that someone else comimg into would upset certain people. I also know some people who think once they lay the original line that cave is theirs forever. There's no set rule. It's courtesy and some people deserve it, some don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom